By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who wants Sega to make another System? Why?

Why would anybody think that Microsoft is such a huge fan of Sega's work. Microsoft is not a fan of anybody's work but their own. Sure they copied some of their ideas, but that's what they do. They saw it as an opportunity. If anything, Microsoft's business strategy is completely the opposite of Sega.

74They buy other console's exclusives, rather than making their own. They focus on hardware and online, rather than software. They have brought console gaming closer to pc gaming, rather than identifying and trying to preserve the factors that made console gaming unique to begin with. They have no mascot to identify themselves with (though according to Stage Halo counts, but I guess that means that Mac can identify themselves with Halo as well, and pc as well), whereas Sega essentially defined themselves through Sonic. They also don't have a wide diversity in their games while Sega throughout the years has pretty much covered every genre even eventing a few on their own.

How do you breathe again?

Around the Network
Smeags said:
CHYUII said:

Nintendon't (a name that Nintendo will never patent =-P)

Give me an example.

1. Teh Blast Processing!1!!

2. Genesis does what Nintendon't

3. It's cheaper (and fast!)

4. It's got attitude!

5. It had awesome commercials!

LOL

Hilarious.

Thanks for that.

I think I remember the graphics being better than the Super N.

i do because shenmue was the game of ots gen, so maybe wed get number 3

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CHYUII said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CHYUII said:
Smeags said:
CHYUII said:

What was great about it (at the time)?

It did what Nintendon't.

Nintendon't (a name that Nintendo will never patent =-P)

Give me an example.

It was more mature where Nintendo was more kiddy.

So do you mean that the games where more complexed or do you mean they had blood and violence in them?

' Lets just say they were more in tune with the realistic gamer even though they had their fair share of fantasy games.

I get you.

I'm a Nintendo Fanboy but I certainly do appreciate realism in CG and Graphics. Its kind of nice seeing an electronic world.

Smeags said:

I'm not one to /thread threads, but this just might do it...

Behold! The (advertisement) Power of the Genesis/Megadrive:

EDIT: Nope, thread's still going strong. Curses! *shakes fist, but not in that way hinted at in the ad above me*

Add whatever you want. I like it. And I am sure the Sega Fans do too.

It also lets me see stuff I missed.

Around the Network
neerdowell said:

Why would anybody think that Microsoft is such a huge fan of Sega's work. Microsoft is not a fan of anybody's work but their own. Sure they copied some of their ideas, but that's what they do. They saw it as an opportunity. If anything, Microsoft's business strategy is completely the opposite of Sega.

74They buy other console's exclusives, rather than making their own. They focus on hardware and online, rather than software. They have brought console gaming closer to pc gaming, rather than identifying and trying to preserve the factors that made console gaming unique to begin with. They have no mascot to identify themselves with (though according to Stage Halo counts, but I guess that means that Mac can identify themselves with Halo as well, and pc as well), whereas Sega essentially defined themselves through Sonic. They also don't have a wide diversity in their games while Sega throughout the years has pretty much covered every genre even eventing a few on their own.

Do you even know the story of why the original Xbox looked the way it did? Microsoft are fans of Sony, hence why they were the only ones who got Shenmue and Jet Set Radio Future. You need to stop mixing up your opinion with facts. Sony and Microsoft are no different from one another when it comes to the videogame industry so you need to quit with the double standards. Everything Microsoft has done, Sony has already done.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
neerdowell said:

Do you even know the story of why the original Xbox looked the way it did? Microsoft are fans of Sony, hence why they were the only ones who got Shenmue and Jet Set Radio Future. You need to stop mixing up your opinion with facts. Sony and Microsoft are no different from one another when it comes to the videogame industry so you need to quit with the double standards. Everything Microsoft has done, Sony has already done.

Google it.

Only if they can support it well.

4 ≈ One

CHYUII said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
neerdowell said:

Google it.

Google what specifically?

Yes. I like the orange light that comes on when you turn on the Dreamcast better than the blue light on the Wii, the red light on PS3, and the green light on 360.