By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who wants Sega to make another System? Why?

I like Sega okay, but I don't think they can compete with the likes of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. I think it'd be better if they somehow merged with Nintendo. Sega was always good at pushing their hardware, and creating innovative software, in general. Who else would have thought to push games like Crazy Taxi, Seaman, and Space Channel 5 on an unsuspecting public? It just takes too much to put a console on the market in this day and age.

Around the Network

Just as bad as I want to buy a Soulja Boy album!

The answer is no.

Smeags said:

It did what Nintendon't.

Them is fighting words!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

CHYUII said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CHYUII said:

I never owned a Seg System but I see a but of Undie-hard on this sight who still cry-out for Sega to make another Game System. WHY!?

What was so great about Sega Systems that makes you think they deserve another chance?

Sega still has gaming in them. They are still making games which could be much better put to use as first party for their own systems. Sega, like Nintendo made their own first party; however, most of the games weren't kiddy. The Dreamcast was the most complete system, which just so happened to lack the DVD format.

First party party Sega franchises: Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, Virtua Tennis, Sonic, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio, House of the Dead and much more.

Was Shenmue good?

I alway like the look of Virtua Fighter in the Arcades.

Shenmue was amazing. Sega lives today through Microsoft whom were huge fans of their work. They even stole the Dreamcast concept for the original Xbox system and still are using the concept for the Xbox 360 controller. Sega was owning the Arcade market during the 2000 period.

Sega was great because they were a software company first, and hardware second, just like Nintendo. Plus they were always more interested in making a console a gaming machine first rather than a multimedia center. They also have the first party strength to carry them, unlike Sony and Microsoft (although Sony is getting there). Their failure in the console business was not so much about producing bad consoles as it was about making stupid business decisions and never managing enough third party support.

They are starting to show some common sense as a company though, and third party publishers are starting to be more flexible to multi-platform releases. If one of the current console manufacturers dropped out (preferably Microsoft, because they really don't have a game that defines their console; Halo doesn't count because that is Bungie's work, not Microsoft's) and they re-entered I think they would stand a pretty good chance.

How do you breathe again?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I like Sega okay, but I don't think they can compete with the likes of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. I think it'd be better if they somehow merged with Nintendo. Sega was always good at pushing their hardware, and creating innovative software, in general. Who else would have thought to push games like Crazy Taxi, Seaman, and Space Channel 5 on an unsuspecting public? It just takes too much to put a console on the market in this day and age.

Sega should merge with Microsoft. Microsoft is the only people who have been properly applying their product since the first Xbox. Nintendo had Sonic in the Olympics...but they had Mario beat him in the commercial (bitches...they know that fat F*** can't run faster than Sonic). Microsoft are big fans of Sega.

sure why not

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Sega's games clearly own this gen so far, Phantasy Star Portable and Valkyria Chronicles are just two great examples.

Hell they even made ONE good sonic game this gen out of who knows how many, thats a winner alone right there.

neerdowell said:
Sega was great because they were a software company first, and hardware second, just like Nintendo. Plus they were always more interested in making a console a gaming machine first rather than a multimedia center. They also have the first party strength to carry them, unlike Sony and Microsoft (although Sony is getting there). Their failure in the console business was not so much about producing bad consoles as it was about making stupid business decisions and never managing enough third party support.

They are starting to show some common sense as a company though, and third party publishers are starting to be more flexible to multi-platform releases. If one of the current console manufacturers dropped out (preferably Microsoft, because they really don't have a game that defines their console; Halo doesn't count because that is Bungie's work, not Microsoft's) and they re-entered I think they would stand a pretty good chance.

If Halo doesn't count in defining Microsoft as a system, Sony has no games either, which only leaves Nintendo who actually created their own IP's instead of creative devs under their name to make it for them.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
d21lewis said:

Sega should merge with Microsoft. Microsoft is the only people who have been properly applying their product since the first Xbox. Nintendo had Sonic in the Olympics...but they had Mario beat him in the commercial (bitches...they know that fat F*** can't run faster than Sonic). Microsoft are big fans of Sega.

True.  But Sega knows "online", creativity, and how to produce awesome graphics.  They'd be like Spider-Man and New Goblin at the end of Spider-Man 3, kicking ass on Venom and Sandman!  Except, it wouldn't suck.