By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Charts: Wii under 30k in Japan as every system takes a beating

Love affair with new hardware might be over, now games are needed to keep the numbers high.

Around the Network
Hus said:
Love affair with new hardware might be over, now games are needed to keep the numbers high.

no you're missing the true reason. the according to you 'kiddy' machine needs 'kiddies' to buy it right. Well what do you know, the school started. wow damn i would have never guessed that, im so smart!

Atleast the Wii had a love affair with its hardware.. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Dont talk about school I hate it . Lets just say that hardware sales went own because ... well Martians took all of them :P ( even though the PS3 was to expensive even for them it seams :P ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Neos said:
Hus said:

no you're missing the true reason. the according to you 'kiddy' machine needs 'kiddies' to buy it right. Well what do you know, the school started. wow damn i would have never guessed that, im so smart!

Atleast the Wii had a love affair with its hardware..

I think that's right and this drop across all consoles really shows that all of the consoles are very much dependent on sales to kids and teenagers. When you get down to it, they're all kiddy systems, regardless of how they try to market themselves.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

Nintendo is not going to be completely invincible because it has waggle. Just like the other consoles, they need killer aps as well. SMG should bring the sales back up again. But, maybe they need to shift some of the brain-training or housekeeping games to the Wii instead of DS.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
Nintendo is not going to be completely invincible because it has waggle. Just like the other consoles, they need killer aps as well. SMG should bring the sales back up again. But, maybe they need to shift some of the brain-training or housekeeping games to the Wii instead of DS.

when smg hits, wii sales will quadrible.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I think Nintendo is slowing down Wii production in advance of the Wii HD release at Tokyo Game Show.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Stock piling and diverted stocks to US. Why is this not so obvious to those of you prophesizing doom? Oh that's right, because you put blinders on and enjoy spreading FUD when the truth is ready to trout slap the blinders off your head.

School started.
Holiday over.
Annual slow period.
Diverted stock to US.
Stockpiling for global holidays.

Go ahead, pick your blinders up off the ground and put them back on, we all know you're going to anyway.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Stock piling and diverted stocks to US. Why is this not so obvious to those of you prophesizing doom? Oh that's right, because you put blinders on and enjoy spreading FUD when the truth is ready to trout slap the blinders off your head.

School started.
Holiday over.
Annual slow period.
Diverted stock to US.
Stockpiling for global holidays.

Go ahead, pick your blinders up off the ground and put them back on, we all know you're going to anyway.

Bullshit. You suggest that people didn't pick consoles up because there wasn't enough units. It's a nonsense.  According to y-koron Wii is pretty easy to buy in Japan right now. No doom - just slowdown - an effect of few reasons you've listed above this crap about US and Stockpiling... Do you really believe that Nintendo would move so much units off the shelves? They stockpiling maybe 20k a week. Not 70k. It's insane. You will accept everything but slowdown. All market in Japan is losing steam right now... Wii isn't an exception.

Wow. I was not expecting the wii to drop to 30k... lowest since release. Again sony has there chance a price cut in tokyo game show would change the world as we know it O_O

mM