By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Charts: Wii under 30k in Japan as every system takes a beating

@ihira, like Viper1 already told you, but you didn't listen: Nintendo diverted those consoles to U.S. because they knew they wouldn't outsell them in Japan at this moment.

I will repeat this in case you will skip it.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network

yeah i was just thinking the same as linkzmax, the "divertion" of consoles is an effect of low numbers and not a cause, since its available they dont need to send an extra 75k every week to stuff the retail channel, therefore they divert those consoles elsewhere.... now that I think of it, U.S. Wii has beat DS again this month. And Europe sales went up too...

115k US
90k Eu
30k japan

If you add those up you get the magic number of 235k units for this week (thats actually your average 230k week we have been having all year long)

And last week it was even higher

120k US
100k Eu
40k JP

thats 260k 10% above average, I guess it was because of Metroid Prime 3. But the thing is, even if in japan sales have slowed down, worldwide they havent.

tabsina said:
wow.. anything significant happening in japan to cause that?

No interesting releases. Except Crisis Core for the PSP is the only interesting release, WII first interesting title end of October. 

And for once, cut that crap about Japan shipping WII's to the US, WII is normal available on different websites and "not" sold out. You can say that about all the hardware as they're all dropping.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I think the thyphoons/hurricanes have something to do with the decline in sales, but nevertheless the psp is selling well so maybe its not because of that.

mM

Just in case you haven't noticed Leo, PSP got the biggest drop, see Uma's post.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

DS is Dooooooooomed

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)