By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 in US selling bad? Americans Nationalists? Buy American?

Laffer said:
HEY!!! HD-DVD drive does NOT MEAN Harddrive... it was High Definition DVD, the opponent to Bluray...

One fact which comes up additionally for free...

You can install Linux on the PS3, so not so much homebrew needed.

AND YOU CAN CHANGE THE HARDDISK WITHOUT BREAKING GARANTUEE...

O my bad , I skimmed through the post and read it as hd-drive.....but either way those people got a refund on their drives soo....

The J man still has no idea what linux is besides the fact that its an OS and most people are probably in the same bpat as me.

AND A MONKEY CAN CHANGE THE HARD-DRIVE ON A 360 , NO SCREWDRIVER NEEDED...

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

In US people got REFUNDS on the HD-DVD drive? In Europe I never heard of that...

Software is like Sex, it is better when it is free!

If we are so xenophobic why do we eat up the Wii and Japanese franchises like Mario, Zelda, and FF?

blasted americans eh!

Around the Network
Laffer said:

I am always wondering why in US the PS3 is doing bad compared to Europe... Are the american just Microsoft Zombies or are they following the "King of War" G.W. Bush words "BUY AMERICAN"?

I mean in Europe the PS3 was selling much better than the XBOX360 until M$ lowered their prices below 200 EUR. And even now, at this hefty almost 200 EUR difference between PS3 and XBOX360 Arcade, still PS3 is following the XBOX on the heels...

I personally would never consider buying a M$ console just because of their RULE THE WORLD attitude...

But now, if I try to get it objective:

PS3 has Bluray, a standalone Player in this Quality is at least 200US$.

I would think that most people buying XBOX or PS3 will have a HD capable TV set (LCD or Plasma), so to have good quality movies require BD, or big Harddrives for Downloading...

PS3 has still a value advantage, if you compare all options....

Price is obviously the reason why Americans choose the 360 over the PS3. If the majority games are multiplatform on both HD consoles the obvious choice in America if you're pinching pennies like the majority is the 360.

Here are factors
----------------------
1. Price
2. Inability for most to tell the difference between the HD system lineups besides the exclusives.
=
The influence of #1 to #2 is far too great, hence why the 360 has remained on the PS3s head.

I'm an American with a gigantic HDTV.

The only systems hooked up to it are a Wii and a SNES right now.

Methinks PS3 sells bad because it costs more than most people are willing to pay.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Methinks PS3 sells bad because it costs more than most people are willing to pay.

Ya seem to like the Megapixels, remembers ya the Intellivision or Atari 2600 times? How big is one 640 x 480 Pixel on your screen, a square inch?

Software is like Sex, it is better when it is free!

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Not to mention we're the least nationalistic of all countries in terms of sales. We purchase products from all over the world at the expense of American companies a good portion of the time. In truth Americans should supporting American companies who are willing to give them quality products right now, because our economy needs to be strengthened. If the OP wants to see nationalistic pride in purchases, he need look no further than the Japanese. He's pointing the nationalistic finger at the wrong country.