By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 in US selling bad? Americans Nationalists? Buy American?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
NinjaBlade360 said:
@S.T.A.G.E. i originally got the 360 to hold me over till the price for the ps3 (wanted to get it for JRPGS) but the wii and xbox have me hooked thats why i only have one game for the ps3

@Conflict_Beast yes it is

Yeah, I bought the PS3 and now i'm all alone. I only have one friend with a PS3 and he barely plays anything but Rockband these days.

out of all my friends im the only one with a ps3

Around the Network

What does George "Freakin" Bush have to do with this.
He isn't pres anymore Find your monsters in the closet somewhere else for F... sake

just the price, sometimes ps3 outsell 360 because of a game release, IMAGINE a $299 it will force MS to drop the box down to $179

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Laffer said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm an American with a gigantic HDTV.

The only systems hooked up to it are a Wii and a SNES right now.

Methinks PS3 sells bad because it costs more than most people are willing to pay.

Ya seem to like the Megapixels, remembers ya the Intellivision or Atari 2600 times? How big is one 640 x 480 Pixel on your screen, a square inch?

For each pixel to be a square inch I'd need my screen to be 640 inches by 480 inches, but sadly it's only 56 inches across diagonally. 

Games that were gorgeous back then are still gorgeous at this supersize, mostly the 2-D games.  But the early photorealistic games like GoldenEye are hilariously pixelated and jaggy.  I haven't hooked up an Atari to this TV, but I played a 2600 on a 40" screen at my friend's house, and projected onto a giant screen at a gaming art show, and those were both AWESOME.

badgenome said:

Hmmm.

Lol its possible!!!

Around the Network

The PS3 is not selling bad, and 360 outselling it has to do with price, games and online not any bias towards the ps3.

DiplomaticImmunity said:
just the price, sometimes ps3 outsell 360 because of a game release, IMAGINE a $299 it will force MS to drop the box down to $179

The 360 is already slated to drop price to $150 by the end of this year. The doubt the PS3 will drop price now that Sony made a useless price drop on the PS2.

in th end of the day it comes down to two things- price and marketing.

Ps3 debuted at a price that left most kids wondering if numbers even went that high. and the marketing...need i really youtube the baby crying at the ps3 commercial?

Laffer said:
I'm an American with a gigantic HDTV.

The only systems hooked up to it are a Wii and a SNES right now.

Methinks PS3 sells bad because it costs more than most people are willing to pay.

Ya seem to like the Megapixels, remembers ya the Intellivision or Atari 2600 times? How big is one 640 x 480 Pixel on your screen, a square inch?

For each pixel to be a square inch I'd need my screen to be 640 inches by 480 inches, but sadly it's only 56 inches across diagonally. 

Games that were gorgeous back then are still gorgeous at this supersize, mostly the 2-D games.  But the early photorealistic games like GoldenEye are hilariously pixelated and jaggy.  I haven't hooked up an Atari to this TV, but I played a 2600 on a 40" screen at my friend's house, and projected onto a giant screen at a gaming art show, and those were both AWESOME.

Yeah... the PS1 era really didn't match the SNES or even NES in Aethstetics if you ask me.

Though hell even a lot of current games don't.  Things were simpler with 2D sprites and Midis.  But simple isn't bad artistic wise.

I mean... I don't hear any DJ mixes of current videogame music like you do NES and SNES games.

Laffer said:

I am always wondering why in US the PS3 is doing bad compared to Europe... Are the american just Microsoft Zombies or are they following the "King of War" G.W. Bush words "BUY AMERICAN"?

I mean in Europe the PS3 was selling much better than the XBOX360 until M$ lowered their prices below 200 EUR. And even now, at this hefty almost 200 EUR difference between PS3 and XBOX360 Arcade, still PS3 is following the XBOX on the heels...

I personally would never consider buying a M$ console just because of their RULE THE WORLD attitude...

But now, if I try to get it objective:

PS3 has Bluray, a standalone Player in this Quality is at least 200US$.

I would think that most people buying XBOX or PS3 will have a HD capable TV set (LCD or Plasma), so to have good quality movies require BD, or big Harddrives for Downloading...

PS3 has still a value advantage, if you compare all options....

Why would you call bush the "king of war"  - You sound like an ignorant fool

Do you know history ??  Have you heard of ADOLF HITLER???  HAVE YOU HEARD OF JOSEPH STALIN or POL POT, or IDI AMIN????  HIROHITO ring a bell????

These are the kings of war .  You need to do some research before you mouth off about things....you probably owe your freedom and existence to Americans.