By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 in US selling bad? Americans Nationalists? Buy American?

It's simple: price.

A 360 can be bought for $200 and a ps3 cost $400.

Once the ps3 gets a price drop it will probably be outselling the 360.  It would also help the ps3 to get some JRPG's in the US because it is completely missing out on fans of that genre.  JRPG fans in the US have no reason to buy a ps3 at this point.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
DragonLord said:

It's simple: price.

A 360 can be bought for $200 and a ps3 cost $400.

Once the ps3 gets a price drop it will probably be outselling the 360.  It would also help the ps3 to get some JRPG's in the US because it is completely missing out on fans of that genre.  JRPG fans in the US have no reason to buy a ps3 at this point.

This is true. The majority of my anime/JRPG fan friends have 360's instead of PS3's and at this point they haven't even thought of buying a PS3. I asked them recently and they are either hooked on the Wii or 360.

Hmmm.

Halo is overrated

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

@S.T.A.G.E. i originally got the 360 to hold me over till the price for the ps3 (wanted to get it for JRPGS) but the wii and xbox have me hooked thats why i only have one game for the ps3

@Conflict_Beast yes it is

Around the Network

Ok this is ridiculous.

The PS3 is trailing the Xbox 360 in Europe also.. and Americans will buy all kinds of foreign goods, just ask Toyota or Honda. Nationalism, and bush, have nothing to do with any of it.

Conflict_Beast said:

Halo is overrated

You're bringing about an old argument from last gen. Halo is no longer the only game on the new installment of the Xbox.

NinjaBlade360 said:
@S.T.A.G.E. i originally got the 360 to hold me over till the price for the ps3 (wanted to get it for JRPGS) but the wii and xbox have me hooked thats why i only have one game for the ps3

@Conflict_Beast yes it is

Yeah, I bought the PS3 and now i'm all alone. I only have one friend with a PS3 and he barely plays anything but Rockband these days. The only system i'm missing is the Wii.

badgenome said:

Hmmm.

I was thinking the same thing.. Could this be for real? If it is, then there must have been a melt down in a lead factory that leaked into the main water supply (or brewery) last weekend in Germany.

kutasek said:
Because most people can't find a second job, to afford PS3.:)

you won the thread

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)