By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 to be Multiplatform?

CaptDS9E said:
Microsoft Owns Halo
Sony owns Ratchet and Resistance

Neither are going multiplatform, so why does this thread even continue

Finally a person whos still hasn't lost his mind.

Around the Network
CaptDS9E said:
Microsoft Owns Halo
Sony owns Ratchet and Resistance

Neither are going multiplatform, so why does this thread even continue

But Microsoft doesn't own Olah, and Sony doesn't own Ritchat and Cronk, or Rosastunce, which is, I suppose, the new topic of this thread.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hell No Microsoft would never allow that

rafichamp said:

This question a year ago might have seemed impossible, but this year, some people are saying it is possible. Microsoft owns the Halo brand, but there are loop holes in every contract, I am sure Bungie might want to consider Halo 4 going multiplatform for revenue. (if halo 4 even comes out).

Give me your opinion.

DISCUSS!!

The hell?

Besides, Microsoft can afford to have those loopholes (if they exist) filled with solid gold, if it means that Halo stays exclusive.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Killzowned said:
Even if it did I wouldn't want it.

The Halo series has been eclipsed by Killzone. It had its day.

It's been over a month and Killzone hasn't even reached one third of the people Halo 3 reached in its first week.

You might want to rewrite your last sentence.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

it wont lol

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

The thread is laughable. You think MS lawyers are so inept that they would write an agreement that would have a loophole so that a non developed Bungie game could be ported by Bungie for other platforms.

People also need to realize MS did not let Bungie go 100% free anyway. MS certainly still retains some ownership as well as a right of first refusal for Bungie developed games for some time frame.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

CAL4M1TY said:

Seriously, the only PS3 games (controlled by Sony) that can labelled best of genre is God of War and Gran Turismo. Notice how there's no need for people to constantly remind others that they are.

I don't see Halo ever going Non-MS controlled multiplatform.

Its not hard to be the best weapon based beat em' up. Your closest rival is Gauntlet.

Kantor said:

If the Microsoft-Bungie relationship is anything like Sony-Insomniac (they adore each other, basically), then I don't think we'll be seeing any multiplat Bungie games anytime soon. But we know that Insomniac will remain exclusive because they've done it of their own free will for years. What happens with Bungie remains to be seen.

I would buy Olah/Helo/Hale (lol like Nathan Hale) on the PS3, personally.

So far all indications are that they will have a similar relationship. Letting go of Bungie at any price is a good way to engender some good will. Bungie has also shown little to no interest in other platforms for the immediate future, and Microsoft has first dibs on publishing. The two companies are in extremely similar situations from what I can see.

Of course I wouldn't buy Olah or Richet and Clink for their respective systems. I have too much respect for the PS3 and 360! Or maybe its because I never bought Halo or Ratchet and Clank. One of the two definitely.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229