By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 to be Multiplatform?

Killzowned said:
yo_john117 said:
Killzowned said:
peshkavus said:
Killzowned said:
Even if it did I wouldn't want it.

The Halo series has been eclipsed by Killzone. It had its day.

how did Killzone 2 beats Halo 3?

Gameplay, fun factor and graphics.

Oh wait, beating to you probably means sales, because in your little world, if a game sells more it means you will have more fun!

Thats untrue and everyone knows it...

But the million unique players a day in halo 3 would probably disagree with your statement >_>

Numbers do not equal quality. A large amount of those Halo players will have had no experience with KZ2 and therefore would take Halo 3 as being the best shooter they have played.

Killzone 2 did not beat Halo in gameplay. That's just funny. Killzone is a generic shooter.

Around the Network

Wow, this thread was a disaster for X360 and Halo fans.

All Sony fans are just spewing their hate.

By some strange coincidence not a single Sony fan happens to like Halo or even be remotely interested in having it on their console. I wonder, why is that lol.

Slimebeast said:

Wow, this thread was a disaster for X360 and Halo fans.

All Sony fans are just spewing their hate.

By some strange coincidence not a single Sony fan happens to like Halo or even be remotely interested in having it on their console. I wonder, why is that lol.

I LIKE HALO!

I'd love to have Halo on PS3, and I would buy it. I'm just pointing out that it's impossible.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
mjc2021 said:
Kantor said:

God of War is more popular than Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry, for that matter.

Back to Halo, it sells to people who have never played a Halo game before, and thus have no idea of its quality (as I said, it is a great game.) Killzone 2 had some good advertising for a week before launch, and a while after, but nowhere near the massive amounts of advertising that Halo 3 got. Billboards, TV, cinemas, coke cans...

Go up to an average PS3 owner and ask if they've heard of Killzone 2. They probably haven't. Now go up to ANYBODY who has ever played a video game, and ask them if they've heard of Halo, particularly if they are a 360 owner. Pretty much everyone will have.

Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden were more popular at one point. God of War had its peak in popularity with the original release. We don't know how the next release will do. God of War has sold less with each release so far.

You don't know who is buying Halo 3. I personally bought 1, 2, and 3 as they were released. I imagine millions of other people did the same as well. As far as advertiing goes, everyone who owns a PS3 is now aware of Killzone 2 and it has received nothing but great reviews. The original Halo didn't have such massive advertising but it still managed to sell very well. How did that happen?

Frankly I don't even know that many PS3 owners. I live and Phoenix, AZ and it seems like everyone around here owns a 360. Perhaps there's a lot of Wii owners too but I don't really talk to little kids.

The original Halo sold because it was a fantastic game. It remains one of the best first person shooters of all time. Also, it was the best Xbox launch title by far, and probably the best game on the Xbox, when all was said and done (not difficult )

Millions of people would have bought Halo 3 with crappy advertising, certainly, and it would still probably outsell Killzone 2, thanks to brand name (for the most part), but millions more bought it because they saw it everywhere, and because it's so god damned famous.

I know quite a few PS3 owners, and believe me, very few of them knew what Killzone 2 was before I told them. I imagine the ones I haven't told still have no idea.

Whereas I can ask any 360 owner who bought it for Guitar Hero and DDR if they've heard of Halo 3, they'll say yes. They may not have heard of Chief, or the Covenant, or Cortana, or even know what the hell it is, but they've heard of it. Even people who have never played 360 have heard of Halo 3. It's no easy feat making a series that well known. Probably the only series more famous than Halo is Mario.

Regardless of everything you said... Halo 3 sells like it does because its actually fun. It wouldn't be such a popular online game if it wasn't fun. A lot of games could have the same massive advertising campaign and still not sell nearly as well. Advertising can only get you so far.

mjc2021 said:
Kantor said:

The original Halo sold because it was a fantastic game. It remains one of the best first person shooters of all time. Also, it was the best Xbox launch title by far, and probably the best game on the Xbox, when all was said and done (not difficult )

Millions of people would have bought Halo 3 with crappy advertising, certainly, and it would still probably outsell Killzone 2, thanks to brand name (for the most part), but millions more bought it because they saw it everywhere, and because it's so god damned famous.

I know quite a few PS3 owners, and believe me, very few of them knew what Killzone 2 was before I told them. I imagine the ones I haven't told still have no idea.

Whereas I can ask any 360 owner who bought it for Guitar Hero and DDR if they've heard of Halo 3, they'll say yes. They may not have heard of Chief, or the Covenant, or Cortana, or even know what the hell it is, but they've heard of it. Even people who have never played 360 have heard of Halo 3. It's no easy feat making a series that well known. Probably the only series more famous than Halo is Mario.

Regardless of everything you said... Halo 3 sells like it does because its actually fun. It wouldn't be such a popular online game if it wasn't fun. A lot of games could have the same massive advertising campaign and still not sell nearly as well. Advertising can only get you so far.

Are you even reading my posts?

That's exactly what I said! Halo 3 sells, partly because it's an awesome game, partly because it has a massive brand name, and partly because it gets megaton advertising!

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
damndl0ser said:
Jo21 said:
hmm microsoft owns the ip

but bungie can pull off a ninja gaiden 2, sigma
and call it helo, change the design abit and the story.

they can leave the multiplayer intact and they can release on a sony or nintendo console

Why would Bungie want to piss off M$?  They still have a very good working relationship with each other and there would be more money in cooperating than standing back and pissing on M$'s leg.

If anything, Bungie would go in a totally new direction with a new IP and then they could still have the working relationship with M$ even if the new IP went multiplat.  The other scenario would entirely burn a bridge with M$ and there would never be another working relationship possible.

why? because they are third party now, likely multiplatform will bring more money, hell bungie may make a game for sony exclusive if sony gets a deal.

they should pìss off microsoft unless microsoft it's some kind of jealous girlfriend.

I seriously don't understand that jibba jabba. 

I could care less if Bungie develped a game for the PS3 only or went multi plat with its next game.  But I can guarantee it will not be an Halo clone.  That is one of the main reasons why they left M$.  They don't want to be stuck making Halo's forever.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Jo21 said:

why? because they are third party now, likely multiplatform will bring more money, hell bungie may make a game for sony exclusive if sony gets a deal.

they should pìss off microsoft unless microsoft it's some kind of jealous girlfriend.

So what you are saying is that Insomniac should start making a Ritchet and Clink. as well as a Risestince series that is multi-platform? They are a third party technically, so if it applies to Bungie it should apply to them as well right?

In reality business relationships are far far more complicated than what you want to think they are. There are definite advantages to making games exlusively for one console while still maintaining your independence. Being able to work on your own projects while recieving substantial funding and other perks makes for a very happy set of workers.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

'Ritchet and Clink' LOL.

Nice analogy.

Gnizmo said:

Jo21 said:

So what you are saying is that Insomniac should start making a Ritchet and Clink. as well as a Risestince series that is multi-platform? They are a third party technically, so if it applies to Bungie it should apply to them as well right?

In reality business relationships are far far more complicated than what you want to think they are. There are definite advantages to making games exlusively for one console while still maintaining your independence. Being able to work on your own projects while recieving substantial funding and other perks makes for a very happy set of workers.

If the Microsoft-Bungie relationship is anything like Sony-Insomniac (they adore each other, basically), then I don't think we'll be seeing any multiplat Bungie games anytime soon. But we know that Insomniac will remain exclusive because they've done it of their own free will for years. What happens with Bungie remains to be seen.

I would buy Olah/Helo/Hale (lol like Nathan Hale) on the PS3, personally.

Microsoft Owns Halo
Sony owns Ratchet and Resistance

Neither are going multiplatform, so why does this thread even continue