By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 to be Multiplatform?

Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Jo21 said:

Mario kart > halo =P.

in sales also.

YAY!!! lol you did it!!!! 

mario kart and mario in general would definitly be more popular then Halo 3.

Which makes them better?

Let's continue. MotorStorm > Mass Effect. Duck Hunt (SNES)> Halo 3.

Woah now!! don't be putting false words into my mouth. Note the bolded red up above.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Jo21 said:

Mario kart > halo =P.

in sales also.

Which makes them better?

Notice how PS3 fanboys always mention Nintendo sales?

Also Motor Storm was heavily bundled. I don't look at Forza 2 as a mega popular game for that same reason.

yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Jo21 said:

Mario kart > halo =P.

in sales also.

Which makes them better?

Woah now!! don't be putting false words into my mouth. Note the bolded red up above.

You said that if Killzone 2 was a great game, more people would have bought it.

Well then, why did only 2 million people buy Mass Effect, when 2.45 million 360 owners bought Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Is Marvel a better game?

Note that I am not saying that Killzone 2 is better than Halo 3, I'm just saying that it's opinion, and can't be decided by sales.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LoL, Microsoft would never let this happen

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Jo21 said:

Mario kart > halo =P.

in sales also.

Which makes them better?

Well then, why did only 2 million people buy Mass Effect, when 2.45 million 360 owners bought Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Is Marvel a better game?

Note that I am not saying that Killzone 2 is better than Halo 3, I'm just saying that it's opinion, and can't be decided by sales.

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
Lol @ PS3 fans.

Next you'll say that R&C > Super Mario and Uncharted > Zelda.

Just because KZ2 was infinitely better than KZ1, doesn't make it the greatest console FPS. I guarantee that when MW2 drops, KZ2 online will plummet permanently (unlike Halo 3, which remains strong to this day, and only saw a week or 2 at being no.2 to the original MW).

This is exactly why people hate on games like Uncharted (like myself), Resistance and KZ2. PS3 fans taking these otherwise fantastic titles, and incorrectly labelling them as the best of their genre. It sets them up for failure (remember KZ1: The Halo Killer) and obviously if you had to repeatedly state they are the best, clearly they aren't. You don't see people continuously reminding others that Mario as the best platformer.

Seriously, the only PS3 games (controlled by Sony) that can labelled best of genre is God of War and Gran Turismo. Notice how there's no need for people to constantly remind others that they are.

I don't see Halo ever going Non-MS controlled multiplatform.

I can imagine that several Nintendo fans are very hurt by your statement that Halo is anywhere near as good as Super Mario or Zelda.

And by the way, R&C is nothing like Super Mario, and Uncharted isn't even in the same genre as Zelda, so those comparisons are kind of random.

I can admit that no Sony platformer will ever be better than Super Mario (unless SM trips up), and no PS3 RPG will ever be better than Zelda (Unless Zelda trips up).

I personally think that Killzone 2 and CoD4 are tied as the best FPS of this generation, followed by Halo 3. That's just my opinion. Halo is a bit too run and gun for my tastes, but it's still an excellent game, even if Halo 3 could definitely have been better.

Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Jo21 said:

Mario kart > halo =P.

in sales also.

Which makes them better?

Ultimate Alliance was heavily bundled while Mass Effect sold 2 million on its own.

Do you have a brain in your head? You can't figure this out on your own?

CAL4M1TY said:
Lol @ PS3 fans.

Next you'll say that R&C > Super Mario and Uncharted > Zelda.

Just because KZ2 was infinitely better than KZ1, doesn't make it the greatest console FPS. I guarantee that when MW2 drops, KZ2 online will plummet permanently (unlike Halo 3, which remains strong to this day, and only saw a week or 2 at being no.2 to the original MW).

This is exactly why people hate on games like Uncharted (like myself), Resistance and KZ2. PS3 fans taking these otherwise fantastic titles, and incorrectly labelling them as the best of their genre. It sets them up for failure (remember KZ1: The Halo Killer) and obviously if you had to repeatedly state they are the best, clearly they aren't. You don't see people continuously reminding others that Mario as the best platformer.

Seriously, the only PS3 games (controlled by Sony) that can labelled best of genre is God of War and Gran Turismo. Notice how there's no need for people to constantly remind others that they are.

I don't see Halo ever going Non-MS controlled multiplatform.

Those are all opinions. A person who thinks KZ2 is better than Halo 3 is just as right as person thinking Halo 3 is better than KZ2 (in my opinion both are good games but neither is best of their genre). There is no real truth here so both are right. Even term "best of their genre" is always just an opinion. Even a general opinion is still just a opinion, not a fact. If you gather million opinions, you just end up with a collect of opinions (opinion+opinion=opinion).

And sales figures are just sales figures, nothing more. It has nothing to do which is best game in their genre.

btw. There are lots of people who don't think Mario, Zelda, Halo, God of War or Gran Turismo are not best of their genres. Even though are against general opinion, they are just as right as other people.

mjc2021 said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Kantor said:
yo_john117 said:
Jo21 said:

Mario kart > halo =P.

in sales also.

Which makes them better?

Ultimate Alliance was heavily bundled while Mass Effect sold 2 million on its own.

Do you have a brain in your head? You can't figure this out on your own?

Heavily bundled? Really?

This is difficult when you claim that every game that has ever been bundled for a month is "heavily bundled".

Do you think that Hannah Montana Music Jam is better than God of War II?

Halo is the perfect example of something really bad that people still buy, the american ads says it`s cool game, and then of course it is!