By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I've seen both, but I do like the remake better. Some remakes do make it better.
Haven't seen "Undead"...and I've seen a lot of zombie movies hehe. I'll have to check that out. The potential themes for heroism, sacrifice, etc in zombie movies typically makes them great to watch.

Oh, anybody like Slither? It looked like it would be a terrible, cheesy movie...but it was supposed to be campy and cheesy, and it was great.

if you like good horror that doesn't take itself too seriously then checkout Feast, very gory, but it was pretty cool. also Dead & Breakfast was good but mainly a comedy. oh yes, harold and maude, classic. did you guys see harold in life aquatic, he was the stooge? (can't remember his name)

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I saw Shoot Em Up tonight.

It was great, totally ridiculous, oh man.

The only problem was the audience was relatively small...like less than 20 people, and I'd say my 3 friends and I were the only ones laughing during the movie except for the blatantly hilarious parts. Which made it harder to enjoy...it seems like the audience was expecting a believable movie hehe.

I saw that tonight too and it was awesome.  From the first scene with him eating the carrot I knew this movie would be great.  My favorite part had to be was in the warehouse with the traps so that it was like Home Alone but with guns.  Lots of guns.

vizunary said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I've seen both, but I do like the remake better. Some remakes do make it better.
Haven't seen "Undead"...and I've seen a lot of zombie movies hehe. I'll have to check that out. The potential themes for heroism, sacrifice, etc in zombie movies typically makes them great to watch.

Oh, anybody like Slither? It looked like it would be a terrible, cheesy movie...but it was supposed to be campy and cheesy, and it was great.

if you like good horror that doesn't take itself too seriously then checkout Feast, very gory, but it was pretty cool. also Dead & Breakfast was good but mainly a comedy. oh yes, harold and maude, classic. did you guys see harold in life aquatic, he was the stooge? (can't remember his name)

He was also in Million Dollar Hotel. His name is Bud Cort. Shortly after Harold and Maude he got in a car accident and didn't work for some time. Only now that he has cult status has he been reappearing in odd roles.

Edit...Ok...not shortly after...it was 1979...seven years later.

In 1979 he suffered a major life and career setback when he was almost killed in a car accident on the Hollywood Freeway. Consequently, he spent years enduring plastic surgery and physical therapy, the loss of his savings because of enormous hospital bills, a losing court case regarding the accident, and the disruption of his blooming career. Via IMDB

vizunary said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I haven't seen Feast, but I heard it was good. I saw Slither, and liked it, mostly because of Nathan Fillion. He is great in the Firefly series/Serenity Movie, and I wanted to support him. Slither is a throwback to old school horror movies. It's great, and it has some good humor in it, too.

BenKenobi88 said:
Science of Sleep is definitely different than Eternal Sunshine.

I guess it just hit me on a more personal note...unrequited love, living in a dream world where your creative ideas are your refuge from the mundane, dull real world. I dunno.

Some movies are pure gold, some are undeniably crap...I'd say this movie is just one that's different depending on the viewer.

Also, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is great, I watched that again a few days ago with some friends.

This is crazy and completely random.  My friend brought over Kiss Kiss Bang Bang today.  We watched it.  It was a decent film...some definite funny parts.  Not my favorite though. 

But after that movie I was looking for something else to watch and then I saw Science of Sleep on my shelf.  Picked it up because it was $5 and it's Michel Gondry.

This I like.  This is weird and honest and just makes you feel like your head is spinning the whole time.  Maybe even better than Eternal Sunshine.  I'll have to watch it again to really make that decision, though.

Around the Network

Slither is pretty good. It's got the seventies written all over it, which I like. I'd recommend it for sure.

As for the Dawn of the Dead's, I love them both. And fortunately, since the Remake changed the formula, they stand as different movies. But don't ever say the first one is boring! That makes me sad.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I didn't find the first one boring...they're both good. I just guess I liked the newer one better...I was expecting a bad, stupid remake, but it was pretty well done.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Dolla Dolla said:
vizunary said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I haven't seen Feast, but I heard it was good. I saw Slither, and liked it, mostly because of Nathan Fillion. He is great in the Firefly series/Serenity Movie, and I wanted to support him. Slither is a throwback to old school horror movies. It's great, and it has some good humor in it, too.

checkout Feast when you have a chance, it makes its own gravy as it were, without slipping into idiocracy. hard to do with horror sometimes. ohh, and Serenity has become one of my new absolute favorites, i probably watch it at least once every 6 weeks or so. i was disappointed after i went HD though, it upscales horribly, if it would come to BD, i'd flip! hey didn't nathan fillion just make another movie? @superetecoon, yeah, bud cort, i don't remember him in million dollar hotel, i need to watch it again anyways. i remember about the accident, my girl told me, i just couldn't place his name. it sounds like i definitely need to checkout the science of sleep, you guys like all the same movies as me just about, which means you have excellent taste =()

i was also gonna ask who else here is a Beetlejuice fan?

vizunary said:
i was also gonna ask who else here is a Beetlejuice fan?

Me like.