By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tomb Raider was probably the most bearable of videogame movies...but I don't really like Angelina Jolie very much, and it wasn't that great...it could perhaps be called a "good" movie though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hmmm, I guess I might be in the minority. But I thought Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse were great movies.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I am not alone after all, great movies.

stof said:
Holy Grail is the most accessible, but I find over the years that Life of Brain JUST edges it out.

"It's not a question of whether you want to have a child or not Stan! You haven't got a womb! where's it going to gestate, in a box!?"

"Suicide Squad. Attack!.... that'll show'em..."

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Agreed. Life of Brian is definitely my favorite.

"I'm Brian of Nazareth and so is my wife!" 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the Silent Hill movie... then again, my expectations were extremely low going into the movie. Not great but by videogame movie standards, it's Citizen-f***ing-Kane.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

It may be that my friends and I decided to pick the Resident Evils apart, and were in a laughing mood, who knows. They're not crap movies, I just don't consider them anything more than popcorn movies.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

super_etecoon said:
Anyone seen the Fountain by Darren Aranofsky?

I have it.  I think it's excellent.  Reminded me of kubrick.

super_etecoon said:
Dolla Dolla said:
What kind of movies are you into, super_etecoon?

Hmmm...some of my faves would be:

• Harold and Maude
  • Fight Club
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Requiem for a Dream
  • City of Lost Children
  • Snatch/Lock Stock
  • Anything Wes Anderson: Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic
  • Reservoir Dogs (Not so much Kill Bill...although if I had to choose I would go with KB2)

I could go on of course, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not really big on the horror genre or the over the top action films. Too much gore or violence loses me. I've tried to go back and watch classics, but they don't really do it for me. For instance, I recently watched Taxi Driver and Scarface....hated both. Figured I would love them, who knew. And I'm kind of a sucker for animated movies in general, so Pixar, Dreamworks get my vote.

That's a nice list!

I like everything on there (except the first one, but I've never seen it)

rocketpig said:
Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the Silent Hill movie... then again, my expectations were extremely low going into the movie. Not great but by videogame movie standards, it's Citizen-f***ing-Kane.

True...and sad.  I liked the first 2/3 of this movie...then they started explaining everything...and throwing the gore into overdrive....how can they kill a movie so quickly?

areseris said:
super_etecoon said:
Dolla Dolla said:
What kind of movies are you into, super_etecoon?

Hmmm...some of my faves would be:

• Harold and Maude
  • Fight Club
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Requiem for a Dream
  • City of Lost Children
  • Snatch/Lock Stock
  • Anything Wes Anderson: Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic
  • Reservoir Dogs (Not so much Kill Bill...although if I had to choose I would go with KB2)

I could go on of course, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not really big on the horror genre or the over the top action films. Too much gore or violence loses me. I've tried to go back and watch classics, but they don't really do it for me. For instance, I recently watched Taxi Driver and Scarface....hated both. Figured I would love them, who knew. And I'm kind of a sucker for animated movies in general, so Pixar, Dreamworks get my vote.

That's a nice list!

I like everything on there (except the first one, but I've never seen it)

Must watch Harold and Maude....classic dark comedy.  Music from Cat Stevens...and the subject matter is a little....odd.