By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You should get on that areseris. Harold and Maude is a classic. Even if just for the Cat Stevens sound track.

"Cause there's a million ways to be, you know that there are!"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

super_etecoon

said:
ok...so what does everyone think of A Scanner Darkly...I liked it, but heard bad reviews.

Do you like Phillip K. Dick? If so, then you'll love it because it's the most faithful movie based on one of his books.

super_etecoon said:
rocketpig said:
Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the Silent Hill movie... then again, my expectations were extremely low going into the movie. Not great but by videogame movie standards, it's Citizen-f***ing-Kane.

True...and sad.  I liked the first 2/3 of this movie...then they started explaining everything...and throwing the gore into overdrive....how can they kill a movie so quickly?

And yet, despite explaining everything, they still didn't really explain anything. I truly believe that if you tied the director and writer to a chair and threatened them both with their lives, neither one would be able to tell you what that ending actually meant aside from "it seemed cool and creepy"

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

super_etecoon said:
videogame movies FTL. Show me one videogame movie that was great. Not decent, not good, but great. Actually, I take that back...show me a good videogame movie.

You're going to be waiting a long time

I don't see it happenning.

areseris said:
super_etecoon said:
videogame movies FTL. Show me one videogame movie that was great. Not decent, not good, but great. Actually, I take that back...show me a good videogame movie.

You're going to be waiting a long time

I don't see it happenning.

The first Mortal Kombat movie was a great popcorn flick. It was had a nice style, competent action and effects, and was just an all around good time. The perfect example of what a Videogame movie should try to be.

Around the Network

I think you're right, Stof. At the time Mortal Kombat was released, it was pretty good. The only complaints were mostly about wanting to see more of Scorpion or Sub-Zero, or fatalities, since the movie was rated PG-13.

By the way, I saw Dragon Wars tonight.

*sniff*

The special effects were at least decent

Yikes ... I wanted to see it for the lolz, but I'm beginning to think I'd be best without it.

I still may see it, but I've honestly got too much stuff planned lately anyway....and I still need to see Shoot Em Up.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

There were certainly some laughs, but it takes itself too seriously, and some of the jokes that you're meant to laugh at just fall flat. I mean, the actual wars were fantastic looking with all the destruction and chaos. Just sneak in about an hour into the film to watch the carnage lol

My Winnipeg was awesome! By far the best thing I've seen at the Toronto Film Fest. The only hard part was trying to figure out how to classify it. It's a quasi autobiographical fantasy docudrama essay? Guy Maddin has a domestic hit on his hands (In Canada, that means it'll play on over 20 screens!) and apparently he just won the Best Canadian Film award today too.

Any other Ontarians out there going to the fest?

I saw Shoot Em Up tonight.

It was great, totally ridiculous, oh man.

The only problem was the audience was relatively small...like less than 20 people, and I'd say my 3 friends and I were the only ones laughing during the movie except for the blatantly hilarious parts. Which made it harder to enjoy...it seems like the audience was expecting a believable movie hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )