By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So does serenity take place before or after the series...and you are saying we should watch episode 2, then 3, then 1, and then 4...5..6...etc.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
So does serenity take place before or after the series...and you are saying we should watch episode 2, then 3, then 1, and then 4...5..6...etc.

Sorry for the confusion. Serenity is the name of both the 2 hour Pilot Episode and the movie.

So if you were to buy the DVD (or download) you'd start with Episode one, the two hour pilot named Serenity. Then episode 2 which is "The train job" and so on and so on. The only place it was ever aired out of order was by fox when the series aired.

The movie itself takes place after the the TV series, but does a really good job of standing on it's own for people who have never seen the show.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

super_etecoon said:
Beetlejuice was great...but did you know that if that had been made today there would be like 3 sequels. Back in the day they didn't make sequels (I'm being facetious), they made Saturday morning cartoons instead. Anyone watch the cartoon?

ahh, yes, that cartoon was pretty good too, it was one of my regulars as a kid. tim burton is one of my favorite directors by far, he's one i collect. from what i understand he is considered the only major hollywood director that has never made a flop, every one of his films has made money. plus he likes working with one of my favorite actors, depp. thank 6lb 8oz baby jesus that the pirate movies are F&CKING OVER!!! i still wonder how many dumptrucks of cash Disney gave him to sell his soul. hopefully he can redeem himself. The Libertine was a good start. i never saw firefly, unfortunately, don't watch hardly any tv, movies and games(and talking to you guys) is all the media i usually partake in. i would like it on dvd if i could find it, i would even welcome a sequel to serenity. is it just me, or was the casting absolutely superb, it made the film... you can actually "believe" whats happening, it was perfect. my favorite scene, remember when serenity came out of the plasma/dust cloud and that agent was watching "bastards not even changing course" with that oh so smug look, then the reavers come out, that change in expression was priceless, i loved it!

lol...ok...now I get it.

Okay...here's a new question for the Movie Thread:

What movie have you watched over and over and over again to the point that you had it memorized?

For me it was Karate Kid when I was like ten. Everyday, all summer long. Bit of an ocd time period for me...lol. I still think its a great movie, but I probably shouldn't admit that.

Anything 3D animated by Pixar, Dreamworks and similar, I've seen to death - and unfortunately every line has been forever etched in my conscious memory.

Having kids does that to a person...

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
lol...ok...now I get it.

Okay...here's a new question for the Movie Thread:

What movie have you watched over and over and over again to the point that you had it memorized?

My friend and I could recite every single line from the Lion King. Those were the days.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well, since the thread has slightly deviated from movies to cartoons...

Anyone here seen or heard of Crapston Villas?

That was one helluva soap opera, and I would never miss an episode. They showed it back home on cable, and I recorded every single episode - that is, until I moved to another country. I never saw the ending.

Unfortunately, some of the VHS tapes have caught mold, and I've looked high and low for a DVD collection - VHS even! - and have found nothing! I've tried to download them via torrent / p2p, but the search phrase doesn't even return any results!

So... has anyone seen this program?

More importantly for me, does anyone know where I can buy the complete set?

I looked it up on ebay...and amazon...seems they only make a best of compilation of 5 episodes. Maybe it's bogged down in legal bullcrap like the third season of Sifl and Ollie.

"it's friday, you ain't got no job, you ain't got shit to do... i'ma get you high today"

@super_etecoon

ohh, how i love those hazy memories...

that one's easy, if you know this one... you win a cookie!

"that's what i like about high school girls, i get older they stay the same age..."

movie and actor?

Fast Times...Sean Penn? probably a bad guess.

Or was it Dazed and Confused...Matt Mcconeghy (sp?...lol)