By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
super_etecoon said:
george clooney...o brother where art thou

holy hell and high water, i may have met my match... that was NOT that easy, cool. i'd love to see a film with you, that was just awesome! ok, ok, let's try this one... "ready?" "i was born on a green light daddy-o" under the radar, so to speak. hey bods "come on in the water is fine" @yourmother, being john malcovich, great film!

Around the Network

i just watched the ghost and the darkness, and realized this thread needed a bump... it's got to be one of the easiest going threads and many seemed to enjoy it!

anyone else seen it? they just played it on USA and i forgot how good it was.

vizunary said:
i just watched the ghost and the darkness, and realized this thread needed a bump... it's got to be one of the easiest going threads and many seemed to enjoy it!

anyone else seen it? they just played it on USA and i forgot how good it was.

I remember this. With Val Kilmer and those Lions, right? I haven't seen it in forever, but I remember liking it.

super_etecoon said:

Okay...here's a new question for the Movie Thread:

What movie have you watched over and over and over again to the point that you had it memorized?

Disney cartoon films are up there. I was in love with Nightmare Before Christmas for a spell.

But, a film I really have memorized ... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The first movie was awesome I still have it on VHS.

So...

Death Proof is out on DVD. If you haven't seen it, you must!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Has anyone seen Eastern Promises?

It's made by the same guy who did A History of Violence. I haven't seen it, but I want to, because it looks interesting. Also starring Naomi Watts.

Around the Network

Totally random (since I'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread right now) but I really enjoyed 28 Weeks Later. I'm not sure where they can go with it from here but hopefully they can keep it fresh.

I'm also looking forward to 30 Days of Midnight (althought I never read the graphic novel) and will see it opening weekend :)

Saw Beowulf in 3-D Friday night. Awesome. Beowulf reminds me of Leonidas from 300. A man's man with plenty of flaws. Enjoyed it a lot, wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Bringing this thread back...

Superbad is out on DVD...so hilarious.

And I finally saw No Country for Old Men in theaters this week. The Coen Brothers are excellent filmmakers, they really show their maturity in this film. They're definitely a step above most Hollywood filmmakers.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I definitely want to watch both of those...I've been doing tv seasons lately....and no theater movies.

I watched chumscrubber...anyone seen this one....I like everything about it...except everything that has to do with the chumscrubber mechanic. If you haven't watched it that will make no sense. If you have, I think you know what I mean.

Do we have any musical fans?

Sweeney Todd is such a classic musical film, I loved it. Reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin. If you can't stand the singing (and it happens every 5 minutes or so lol), you will be disappointed. But the story is well put together, most of the singing is good, it has a touch of dark humor, and a twist at the end.

Definitely recommend it.

Next up: Aliens Vs Predator Requiem ... please don't suck!