By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No, FFXIII will not be downgraded like GTAIV.

kirby007 said:
The western version will probably be better on the 360 considering it will be totally different then the japanese version

Why will be different?  (yes, you know Japanese will have texts in Japanese xD!!)

I didn't know anything about it.

Hope the only thing that changes be the texts. Voices Japanese/English/Spanish ()

Around the Network
starcraft said:

This is a response to this thread that was locked for having no links.

The OP made comments to the effect that GTAIV was downgraded for both platforms of release (consoles) because of the weaknesses of one platform.  Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with his assessment that the PS3's memory problems quite possibly did result in both versions of the game looking and playing worse, I don't think that this is a foregone conclusion for FFXIII.

Now clearly the issues of disc space that may or may not have existed for GTAIV don't exist for FFXIII due to it's linear and therefore multiple-disk nature, but a lot of people, including RED53DEVILS, still fear that the PS3's memory weaknesses will result in the "downgrading" of the Xbox 360 version to match the potentially poorer performance of the PS3 edition. 

Given links such as this one highlighting the fact that the highly talented Assassin's Creed team were "struggling right now on the PS3" with regard to memory, I can understand RED53DEVILS' fears.

However, I do believe that the FFXIII team has a proven history of being far better coders than the Rockstar team that worked on GTAIV.  Whilst I as an Xbox 360 owner greatly appreciate this poster's fears on our behalf, I am sure that the team will have FFXIII running as well or nearly as well on the PS3 as it will on the Xbox 360, and that they will ensure the Xbox 360 is used as well as it can be.  This is probably made easier by the fact that the PC tools were the lead platform for both FFXIII editions.

This thread should stay open for comments, as Onyxmeth simply highlighted a lack of links as the reason for the last one being locked.

GTAIV was not downgraded.

VGSpain said:
kirby007 said:
The western version will probably be better on the 360 considering it will be totally different then the japanese version

Why will be different?  (yes, you know Japanese will have texts in Japanese xD!!)

Hope the only thing that changes be the texts. Voices Japanese/English/Spanish ()

since the 360 is the most powerfull machine around it is only logic it will use the full potential of that console

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

1) I know American is dominated by X360... if FFXIII was PS3 exclusive it will sell like all FF in PSX or PS2.
A big part of Final Fantasy fanbase is on PS platform and the game will sell excellent.
If was PS3 exclusive, all FF fans in America will be forced to buy a PS3, and yes, they would buy it.

All hardcore FF fans already have a PS3 because before june 2008 FFXIII was supposed to be PS3 exclusive and FFvsXIII still is. But not everyone that ever bought a FF game is so hardcore they buy a system for it.

If MS bought the game it had to pay a lot... Square Enix has released some RPG's for X360. All of them have had bad sales.
Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 will outsell them easily.

Yes of course FFXIII will outsell them easily. It's frigging Final Fantasy. You base the Microsoft moneyhatting on nothing. I never seen anyone provide the slightest piece of evidence for it. Microsoft probably provide tech support and maybe lower licesing fees.

Another things.... If MS didn't bought FF13, why FF13 Versus is "Only PS3 Worldwide"?.... why FF13 is only PS3 in Japan?Reading your arguments that doesn't have sense.

This actually points more towards my explanation. If Microsoft really bought FFXIII as you say, why in heavens name wouldn't they release it in Japan?

You can see how well RE5 or SF4 did in PS3, imagine Final Fantasy 13.... Japan exclusivity, Japan is going crazy with this game and will outsell 360 in EU, and in America will be close.

No one is saying FFXIII won't sell best on PS3. I absolutely believe so. But in the US, the biggest market for videogames, 3rd party software sells best on 360. SE would be stupid not to aim for that market as well. If it sells 2 million on PS3 it doesn't matter how much it sold on PS3, it's big money from a 360 version.

2)Oh shit, you are wrong... I have waited for all Final Fantasy games or Dragon Quest serie for example...
Let me tell you one thing...

- Final Fantasy VII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy VIII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy IX (4 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy X (5 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy XII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)

As you can see Final Fantasy series (on PSX and PS2) EVER has be released in the same year in USA and Japan, only 5 or 7 months of difference.... Now USA people have to wait a fucking year... why?

Please tell me where you've seen the release date for the Western version of the game? Oh wait. There is none yet, so your complaining about nothing here.

It's clear, Microsoft is afraid of Final Fantasy effect in America.. if they release before PS3 version could be bad for X360 version sales.

You're so extremely illogical. It wouldn't make sense for SE to do seperate releases, now would it? It would mean twice the marketing, distribution etc. Besides that it would hurt 360 sales and not help PS3 sales.

3) No... MS paid 50M$ for the DLC.... they won't get the money back lol xD!

That's simply false. But feel free to keep believing in the "Oh Microsoft is evil, the buy everything" fantasy.

4) I know many people in America or Europa don't understand Japanese but my question wasn't this.

5) Maybe yes, maybe no... I've got a PS3 because of the exclusivities but if Metal Gear Solid 5 (for example) or Final Fantasy Versus will be X360 exclusives I would buy a 360. Lot of people too.

Final Fantasy was one of the best sellers during PSX/PS2 era, why not in PS3?

Yes, but MOST people (not the small amount of hardcore gamers that are on forums like these) DON'T buy two consoles. So if they already decided on 360, they won't buy a PS3 anymore.

Final Fantasy XIII will sell very well, it's simply not exclusive anymore.

ultraslick said:
This is just frustrating.
Regardless of how you spin it, the game is being delayed because of one platform.
And that has nothing to do with the PS3's "weak memory"

It's not "weak", it's more limited than the Xbox 360's memory architecture.  That's just a fact, though, although the devs can reclaim some memory by lowering the resolution below HD resolutions like they did for the PS3 version.  That probably has more to do with the PS3 having less fill rate than the Xbox 360 than its memory limitations, however.

All hardcore FF fans already have a PS3 because before june 2008 FFXIII was supposed to be PS3 exclusive and FFvsXIII still is. But not everyone that ever bought a FF game is so hardcore they buy a system for it.

There are still people who buy the system when the game actually comes out.  They see the hype, they get excited, they get the system.  A good marketing campaign from Microsoft could give them a huge advantage during that period.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
1) I know American is dominated by X360... if FFXIII was PS3 exclusive it will sell like all FF in PSX or PS2.
A big part of Final Fantasy fanbase is on PS platform and the game will sell excellent.
If was PS3 exclusive, all FF fans in America will be forced to buy a PS3, and yes, they would buy it.

If MS bought the game it had to pay a lot... Square Enix has released some RPG's for X360. All of them have had bad sales.
Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 will outsell them easily.

Yes of course FFXIII will outsell them easily. It's frigging Final Fantasy. You base the Microsoft moneyhatting on nothing. I never seen anyone provide the slightest piece of evidence for it. Microsoft probably provide tech support and maybe lower licesing fees.

Another things.... If MS didn't bought FF13, why FF13 Versus is "Only PS3 Worldwide"?.... why FF13 is only PS3 in Japan?Reading your arguments that doesn't have sense.

This actually points more towards my explanation. If Microsoft really bought FFXIII as you say, why in heavens name wouldn't they release it in Japan?

You can see how well RE5 or SF4 did in PS3, imagine Final Fantasy 13.... Japan exclusivity, Japan is going crazy with this game and will outsell 360 in EU, and in America will be close.

No one is saying FFXIII won't sell best on PS3. I absolutely believe so. But in the US, the biggest market for videogames, 3rd party software sells best on 360. SE would be stupid not to aim for that market as well. If it sells 2 million on PS3 it doesn't matter how much it sold on PS3, it's big money from a 360 version.

2)Oh shit, you are wrong... I have waited for all Final Fantasy games or Dragon Quest serie for example...
Let me tell you one thing...

- Final Fantasy VII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy VIII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy IX (4 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy X (5 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy XII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)

As you can see Final Fantasy series (on PSX and PS2) EVER has be released in the same year in USA and Japan, only 5 or 7 months of difference.... Now USA people have to wait a fucking year... why?

Please tell me where you've seen the release date for the Western version of the game? Oh wait. There is none yet, so your complaining about nothing here.

It's clear, Microsoft is afraid of Final Fantasy effect in America.. if they release before PS3 version could be bad for X360 version sales.

You're so extremely illogical. It wouldn't make sense for SE to do seperate releases, now would it? It would mean twice the marketing, distribution etc. Besides that it would hurt 360 sales and not help PS3 sales.

3) No... MS paid 50M$ for the DLC.... they won't get the money back lol xD!

That's simply false. But feel free to keep believing in the "Oh Microsoft is evil, the buy everything" fantasy.

4) I know many people in America or Europa don't understand Japanese but my question wasn't this.

5) Maybe yes, maybe no... I've got a PS3 because of the exclusivities but if Metal Gear Solid 5 (for example) or Final Fantasy Versus will be X360 exclusives I would buy a 360. Lot of people too.

Final Fantasy was one of the best sellers during PSX/PS2 era, why not in PS3?

Yes, but MOST people (not the small amount of hardcore gamers that are on forums like these) DON'T buy two consoles. So if they already decided on 360, they won't buy a PS3 anymore.

Final Fantasy XIII will sell very well, it's simply not exclusive anymore.

"Take-Two Interactive's Chief Financial Officer, Lainie Goldstein revealed that Microsoft was paying a total of $50 million for the first two episodes"

I don't hate MS man. I only say the true... they have paid for DLC GTA and for FFXIII. I don't know why it bothers you...

About the USA release part... they only have moreover 1year of development (X360 version) and according to my calculations the game should be release in April/May in USA... definetely this is not much time for the port.

If the game is not released in April/May or June in USA ... then you should know the PS3 was delayed because of the X360 version.

I don't have more time to respond you, sorry

It was interesting.

Cheers

I dont know why people want to pretend to live in a bubble like they don't know MS plays "dirty/different". When a company is accused of unagreeable practices they REFUTE it in the press. Sony completely REFUTED the idea of them moneyhatting as MS does. Instead of MS denying it they simply dodge the question. Companies are not allowed to lie to the public, only bend the truth and stay quiet.

There has been a recent upsergence in Sony to point out the fact that MS is Moneyhatting and that they don't(or at least not to their extent). If this was untrue I have no doubt in my mind MS would sue Sony for slander.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

kirby007 said:
VGSpain said:
kirby007 said:

since the 360 is the most powerfull machine around it is only logic it will use the full potential of that console

That is not logic. It is a disputed(could be controversial for some) opinion at best. I have yet to see concrete proof that either system is stronger than the other. I believe(a honest opinion) that Killzone 2 is better graphically than Gears of War II. Some might agree, some might disagree but the average view would be that they are both comparable in power. I also believe that there could soon be a game on the X360 that will rival Killzone 2 graphic abilities.

As it stands, both systems have devs still pushing them respectively to their limits. Until one does hit the ceiling, we won't know for sure. Everything would just be opinion. 

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

starcraft make funny.

4 ≈ One

Dark Chaos said:
forevercloud3000 said:
starcraft said:
Carl2291 said:
You really, really do hate the PS3 dont you?

Not at all.  What gave you that impression?  I plan to buy one this year for Heavy Rain and Versus (I have a feeling that the PS3 may have the best version of this game) and for Killzone 2, due to a bet I lost too makingmusic.

lol, try the ONLY version of this game hahahha! You so crazy!

Hmm didnt ppl say the same thing when FF13 was exclusive?

FF13 was never actually announced as a PS3 worldwide exclusive...