By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No, FFXIII will not be downgraded like GTAIV.

VGSpain said:

Big trolling here jajaja!

GTA for PS3 was downgrade to make X360 version.

DVD can't allow them to make the game they want so stop BS

this is true gta 4 suffered downgrade because the dvd limitations rockstar said it

rockstar did not said that the game was downgrade because of the ps3,the op is just flamming

FAIL THREAD

Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in.

Around the Network

Well, downgraded or not, at least the 360 version of GTAIV's got DLC

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

RPGs push systems the most , FPS don't

VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
Starcraft: WTF. You're really playing with fire here. Your very close to 45 days of vacation.
ultraslick said:
This is just frustrating.
Regardless of how you spin it, the game is being delayed because of one platform.
And that has nothing to do with the PS3's "weak memory"

This is just total BS. Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan earliest end 2009, which has zero to do with the 360 version, which won't be in Japan. IF FFXIII gets delayed again it's DQ9's fault for not releasing in the previous financial year.

I know it sounds weird, but localization for Final Fantasies (or JRPGs in general) takes time... 

Hmm... so why both versions (X360, PS3) will be released at the same time?

You know... if MS bought FFXIII, obviously they sign a contract to prevent PS3 releases before.

If they hadn't done this FF fans on 360 would have buy PS3 and PS3 version...

WTF are you talking about? Final Fantasy hasn't even released yet on PS3, meanwhile they're working on the 360 port (which should be in the works for at least a year now), which can continue during the localization for the US and Europe. And Microsoft didn't bought FFXIII. It  makes perfect business sense to release games on the 360. Or haven't you been paying attention to say RE5.

99% of the people won't buy a second console to play a single game, so no, people would have simply not bought FFXIII, which is SE's loss. And since FFXIII was PS3 exclusive when most of these people bought a 360 they obviously didn't care for FFXIII too much, otherwise they'd have bought a PS3.

BengaBenga said:
VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
Starcraft: WTF. You're really playing with fire here. Your very close to 45 days of vacation.
ultraslick said:
Regardless of how you spin it, the game is being delayed because of one platform.

This is just total BS. Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan earliest end 2009, which has zero to do with the 360 version, which won't be in Japan. IF FFXIII gets delayed again it's DQ9's fault for not releasing in the previous financial year.

I know it sounds weird, but localization for Final Fantasies (or JRPGs in general) takes time... 

You know... if MS bought FFXIII, obviously they sign a contract to prevent PS3 releases before.

WTF are you talking about? Final Fantasy hasn't even released yet on PS3, meanwhile they're working on the 360 port (which should be in the works for at least a year now), which can continue during the localization for the US and Europe. And Microsoft didn't bought FFXIII. It  makes perfect business sense to release games on the 360. Or haven't you been paying attention to say RE5.

99% of the people won't buy a second console to play a single game, so no, people would have simply not bought FFXIII, which is SE's loss. And since FFXIII was PS3 exclusive when most of these people bought a 360 they obviously didn't care for FFXIII too much, otherwise they'd have bought a PS3.

Jajaja, so do you think MS didn't pay for FFXIII?

Yes, they did and when you buy something you do a contract...  tell me why FFXIII won't have a US release this year... oh... they need a fucking year to localize? They 4, 5 or 6 months man but one year??? NO WAY... they need more time for EU.

No, MS didn't bought GTA4 DLC either..

Final Fantasy XIII will be available in Japan this year for PS3, why won't be in USA and why it will be release at the same time that X360 version?

I know lot of people that would have bought a PS3 if FFXIII was exclusive.... Oh wait ...no, people didn't bought a Wii to play Mario, didn't bought X360 to play Halo 3 and won't buy PS3 with GT5

Around the Network

I reckon FFX13 will be downgraded on the 360, but only for cinematic, they won't be 1080p native, but 720p, either that or the game comes in an absurd amount of DVD's just to maintain 1080p quality....or the worst that could happen is that they cut out footage or just have 720p cinematic across the board.

VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
ultraslick said:

It could, but there's no evidence to support this and again: it makes business sense to go multiplat. The American core-games market is dominated by 360 software, just face it. I'm sure Microsoft offered incentives for FFXIII to come to 360, but I'm also sure Square didn't have any trouble making the decision after the lackuster PS3 sales became clear.

Yes, they did and when you buy something you do a contract...  tell me why FFXIII won't have a US release this year... oh... they need a fucking year to localize? They 4, 5 or 6 months man but one year??? NO WAY... they need more time for EU.

You obviously have never waited for the localization of a Japanese game before.

In fact: No, they didn't. They offered T2 a loan. Which means they get the money back so didn't buy anything. Extremely smart business.

Final Fantasy XIII will be available in Japan this year for PS3, why won't be in USA and why it will be release at the same time that X360 version?

Because most people in the US can't read/understand Japanese. And obviously if you decide to make a 360 version it makes no sense to spread your marketing effort across two seperate launches. This doesn't mean the PS3 game is delayed because of the 360 version, there's no evidence to support this. Especially since Cruystal Tools is compatible to 360.

I know lot of people that would have bought a PS3 if FFXIII was exclusive.... Oh wait ...no, people didn't bought a Wii to play Mario, didn't bought X360 to play Halo 3 and won't buy PS3 with GT5

Yes, of course it's a major blow for PS3, that's not what I said. You said that 360 owners would have bought a PS3 for FFXIII, which is nonsense, because if they wanted FFXIII they wouldn't have bought a 360 in the first place (ignoring the 1-2% of multiplatform owners).

wait wait...
I know 360 has 512MB video memory right?
and PS3 has 256MB video memory right... but PS3 has another 256 MB memory
on its SPE(i don't really certain) so 256 + 256 = 512MB wahahahahah...

oh well...

SE stated that 360's version WILL NOT be downgraded version of the PS3
unless they back stab us when the game releases!

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

BengaBenga said:
VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
ultraslick said:

1) It could, but there's no evidence to support this and again: it makes business sense to go multiplat. The American core-games market is dominated by 360 software, just face it. I'm sure Microsoft offered incentives for FFXIII to come to 360, but I'm also sure Square didn't have any trouble making the decision after the lackuster PS3 sales became clear.

2) You obviously have never waited for the localization of a Japanese game before.

3) In fact: No, they didn't. They offered T2 a loan. Which means they get the money back so didn't buy anything. Extremely smart business.

4) Because most people in the US can't read/understand Japanese. And obviously if you decide to make a 360 version it makes no sense to spread your marketing effort across two seperate launches. This doesn't mean the PS3 game is delayed because of the 360 version, there's no evidence to support this. Especially since Cruystal Tools is compatible to 360.

5) Yes, of course it's a major blow for PS3, that's not what I said. You said that 360 owners would have bought a PS3 for FFXIII, which is nonsense, because if they wanted FFXIII they wouldn't have bought a 360 in the first place (ignoring the 1-2% of multiplatform owners).

1) I know American is dominated by X360... if FFXIII was PS3 exclusive it will sell like all FF in PSX or PS2. 
A big part of Final Fantasy fanbase is on PS platform and the game will sell excellent. 
If was PS3 exclusive, all FF fans in America will be forced to buy a PS3, and yes, they would buy it.

If MS bought the game it had to pay a lot... Square Enix has released some RPG's for X360. All of them have had bad sales. 
Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 will outsell them easily.

Another things.... If MS didn't bought FF13, why FF13 Versus is "Only PS3 Worldwide"?.... why FF13 is only PS3 in Japan?Reading your arguments that doesn't have sense.

You can see how well RE5 or SF4 did in PS3, imagine Final Fantasy 13.... Japan exclusivity, Japan is going crazy with this game and will outsell 360 in EU, and in America will be close.

2)Oh shit, you are wrong... I have waited for all Final Fantasy games or Dragon Quest serie for example...
Let me tell you one thing...

- Final Fantasy VII (7 months between USA and Japanese release) 
- Final Fantasy VIII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy IX (4 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy X  (5 months between USA and Japanese release)
- Final Fantasy XII (7 months between USA and Japanese release)

As you can see Final Fantasy series (on PSX and PS2) EVER has be released in the same year in USA and Japan, only 5 or 7 months of difference.... Now USA people have to wait a fucking year... why?

I told you before... maybe 1 year for EU release... but always Japan and USA have had the game 1 year before us (European people).

It's clear, Microsoft is afraid of Final Fantasy effect in America.. if they release before PS3 version could be bad for X360 version sales.

3) No... MS paid 50M$ for the DLC.... they won't get the money back lol xD!

4) I know many people in America or Europa don't understand Japanese but my question wasn't this.

If ALWAYS (PSX/PS2) Final Fantasy have been released with 5 or 7 months of difference in the same year in Japan and USA, why not this year?
You can tell me: "The game will be release in Winter in Japan"... the game should be in USA in April/May... during that time the X360 won't be complete so for sure they don't release USA FF13 PS3 version until X360 version be "gold".

5) Maybe yes, maybe no... I've got a PS3 because of the exclusivities but if Metal Gear Solid 5 (for example) or Final Fantasy Versus will be X360 exclusives I would buy a 360. Lot of people too.

Final Fantasy was one of the best sellers during PSX/PS2 era, why not in PS3?

The western version will probably be better on the 360 considering it will be totally different then the japanese version

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.