By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No, FFXIII will not be downgraded like GTAIV.

The OP has a point. What the fuck Sony developers where thinking packing only 512MB (96MB being used by the OS) inside the PS3? It was just fucking retarded.

Around the Network

lmfao...Starcraft...funniest joke thread you've ever made! You are almost at the level of dethroning Squilliam :).

nen-suer said:
@Jo21

You can understand why my trust in SE not very strong these days

But thanx for the assurance

BTW : did u import the Demo??

its going to cost 70$. i have 20$ so in a week or so :(

BTW: no  360 version exist yet, they won't start localization of the english version til the japanese version it's done and they wont start 360 port until the ps3 localization its done!

BengaBenga said:
VGSpain said:
BengaBenga said:
Starcraft: WTF. You're really playing with fire here. Your very close to 45 days of vacation.
ultraslick said:
This is just frustrating.
Regardless of how you spin it, the game is being delayed because of one platform.
And that has nothing to do with the PS3's "weak memory"

This is just total BS. Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan earliest end 2009, which has zero to do with the 360 version, which won't be in Japan. IF FFXIII gets delayed again it's DQ9's fault for not releasing in the previous financial year.

I know it sounds weird, but localization for Final Fantasies (or JRPGs in general) takes time... 

Hmm... so why both versions (X360, PS3) will be released at the same time?

You know... if MS bought FFXIII, obviously they sign a contract to prevent PS3 releases before.

If they hadn't done this FF fans on 360 would have buy PS3 and PS3 version...

WTF are you talking about? Final Fantasy hasn't even released yet on PS3, meanwhile they're working on the 360 port (which should be in the works for at least a year now), which can continue during the localization for the US and Europe. And Microsoft didn't bought FFXIII. It  makes perfect business sense to release games on the 360. Or haven't you been paying attention to say RE5.

99% of the people won't buy a second console to play a single game, so no, people would have simply not bought FFXIII, which is SE's loss. And since FFXIII was PS3 exclusive when most of these people bought a 360 they obviously didn't care for FFXIII too much, otherwise they'd have bought a PS3.

No, we have quotes that the 360 version has not even begun work and will not begin work until the PS3 version is translated.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/final-fantasy-1.html

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

As far as im concerned, hope the 360 delays FF13 and it never gets released... I can't stand turn based RPGs.

Good job 360!

Around the Network

@ OP

There won't be such case. FFXIII was developed first and foremost for the PS3 and THEN ported to the 360. Hence, memory won't be a problem since it'll go to the less flexible memory platform to the more capable memory platform.

reptile168 said:
@ OP

There won't be such case. FFXIII was developed first and foremost for the PS3 and THEN ported to the 360. Hence, memory won't be a problem since it'll go to the less flexible memory platform to the more capable memory platform.

It's not more memory capable. On the contrary. It just has shared memory which makes it more memory flexible. Ps3 has an equal amount of ram and half of them perform at twice the speed. So that would be the more capable one.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:

It's not more memory capable. On the contrary. It just has shared memory which makes it more memory flexible. Ps3 has an equal amount of ram and half of them perform at twice the speed. So that would be the more capable one.

256MB or 512MB for graphics. The choice is easy which one is more capable.

reptile168 said:
Staude said:

256MB or 512MB for graphics. The choice is easy which one is more capable.

its actually

256 mb XDR 3.2ghz main memory + 256MB DDR3 700mhz memory VS 512mb DDR3 on the 360,

it not when to use one they other can't be used. actually u can use both fully. actually kz2 developers walkthrough we say killzone development memory usage and were split around 400mb between the 2.

BengaBenga said:
Starcraft: WTF. You're really playing with fire here. Your very close to 45 days of vacation.
ultraslick said:
This is just frustrating.
Regardless of how you spin it, the game is being delayed because of one platform.
And that has nothing to do with the PS3's "weak memory"

I think it is abundantly clear to most people that this is a joke thread.  Frankly, it's hilarious each and everytime someone fails to realise that goes on a rant.  Other people are hailed for doing these threads, and a great number of people found this one funny.

It also technically fell within the the guidelines laid out by Onyxmeth as too why the original thread was locked, as I outlined in the OP.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS