By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku gives lots of details about The Conduit - and it needs polish, lots of polish

I still don't get the hype around this game. Is it because the main character looks like tom cruise when he was still sane and not jumping on people's couches?

Around the Network

game could be hit or miss we will have to wait to find out, im intrigued to know how come wii fans are hyping this up big time? i always thought they adhere to casual style games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

He said the 1st four levels get old fast.

What about the last 6?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Goodness even after this very good preview from Kotaku, they get nothing but hate.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NanakiXI said:
alfredofroylan said:
DiplomaticImmunity said:
i hope it doesnt fail like madworld

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=22383

Because every single game need 3 million copies sold the first week.

This game is going to need alot more than Madworld. This game actually needs to do pretty good to make profit. Not saying that it needs to be 3million 1st week good but if it can open up with Killzone 2 like numbers then it will probally be a success.

lol don't mean to quote myself but I just want people to understand that I know Wii games tend to have good legs depending. So this game neccasarly doesn't have to open up with hugs numbers Though it would be nice to see a big launch.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network
ZZetaAlec said:

Kotaku is it?

I'll be needing this then...

lol.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

appolose said:
theRepublic said:
appolose said:
"The biggest problem I foresee for The Conduit comes from shooter fans that are too used to games on PS3 and 360. It takes a lot of work to unlearn the dual analog stick system of moving and shooting; I could see gamers getting frustrated and mistaking The Conduit's controls as the source of their learning curve woes.

That concern aside, Wii gamers will be pleased; because is [sic] nothing else, The Conduit is a step in the right direction. It might fall short of expectations on some fronts (especially if they don't get that difficulty balancing sorted out), but the game goes a long way towards exploring what the Wii can really do for the first person experience – as well as for multiplayer (if they get the servers working, that is)".

This end quote puts it into better perspective, I think.

I still think it is a ridiculous complaint.  I adapted to MP3 in no time.

Yeah, it's not really a valid criticism at all.

I don't think it's a criticism of the game, he's just expressing a concern that some of the core gamers High Voltage is trying to woo with this game may try it, be too used to the analog controls and mess everything up, then blame the game and keep saying the Wii sucks.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Skeeuk said:
game could be hit or miss we will have to wait to find out, im intrigued to know how come wii fans are hyping this up big time? i always thought they adhere to casual style games.

Troll.

outlawauron said:
Goodness even after this very good preview from Kotaku, they get nothing but hate.

That's because it's still Kotaku...

Besides, if people were now praising Kotaku for being generally positive, you'd just play the "hypocrites!" card, and we all know it.

noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:

That's because it's still Kotaku...

Besides, if people were now praising Kotaku for being generally positive, you'd just play the "hypocrites!" card, and we all know it.

The different Kotaku writers hate on all three different companies.

The community is terrible though, with a few exceptions, as far as hating Nintendo goes. Shoot, Luke Plunkett still thinks there aren't any good PSP games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.