By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku gives lots of details about The Conduit - and it needs polish, lots of polish

Some quick thoughts.

The lack of graphical polish is to be expected since HVS is still working on it. The check-point issue on Level 4 sounds to be the most legit concern.

Complaints about default controls on a highly customizable game or about FPS being repetitive are a bit bogus.

Control transitioning probably is not even an issue as I doubt anyone who also has a PS3 or Xbox 360 will be playing this as their first FPS on the Wii.

Finally, I see that IGN was fairly upbeat in its assessment. Has anyone else done any previews/reports from this event. The only negative remarks that I have seen have come from Kotaku and CVG, both of which have anti-Wii reputations.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/972/972967p1.html

IGN said that it's "... a top-notch first-person shooter, and easily in the running for the system's best in the genre."

Actually that statement troubles me a lot, considering the best on the system now is a gimped version of CoDWaW that's not really much of a vote of confidence.   A FPS with as full a multiplayer mode as Conduit offers, should, crush CoDWaW unless it's lacking in other areas.

Gamerace said:
thekitchensink said:

IGN said that it's "... a top-notch first-person shooter, and easily in the running for the system's best in the genre."

Actually that statement troubles me a lot, considering the best on the system now is a gimped version of CoDWaW that's not really much of a vote of confidence.   A FPS with as full a multiplayer mode as Conduit offers, should, crush CoDWaW unless it's lacking in other areas.

What about the 'top-notch' part of the statement?  They loved what they played.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Gamerace said:
thekitchensink said:

I noticed that odd wording too.. Saying it's in the running to be the Wii's best FPS? Unless they're comparing it to Metroid Prime 3.. But otherwise.. 

Game looks much worse than Conflict denied ops lol... why ppl get excited?

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Gamerace said:
thekitchensink said:

"Ultimately though, there's no denying Haze is shaping up to be something special. Free Radical has a long history of creating great shooters and it looks like Haze could even go one step further than the developer's previous titles.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/814/814150p2.html

kber81 said:

Game looks much worse than Conflict denied ops lol... why ppl get excited?

Because many wii owners unlike many Hd owners actually care about things other then graphics.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
thekitchensink said:

"Ultimately though, there's no denying Haze is shaping up to be something special. Free Radical has a long history of creating great shooters and it looks like Haze could even go one step further than the developer's previous titles.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/814/814150p2.html

Ooh! Low blow!

i love how this turns into a hate fest because the conduit might not be anything more than soldier of fortune with motion controls and some puzzles

if its great, great, i'll prolly buy it

but its not like i refuse to believe it might not be any good, or that it might be mediocre, or that the magazines have wii bias

i watched the vid of it on the nintendo channel and was not too impressed. i hated the games producer going on like he knows how to make the perfect game for me. . .

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

NanakiXI said:
forest-spirit said:

I think the main concern of many HD gamers is that they are afraid to find out that wiimote controls beats the hell out of dual analog controls, and thus will never be able to enjoy their favorite 360/PS3 FPS again as they once did

I think I like my mouse and keyboard more than both. Unless someone can give me actual replicated guns thats  kicks like a real gun. Then we will be talking. :P

I think this may prove difficult with the mouse and keyboard. I do not know? Maybe you are just as quick with your mouse.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba