By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku gives lots of details about The Conduit - and it needs polish, lots of polish

forest-spirit said:
NanakiXI said:
forest-spirit said:

I think the main concern of many HD gamers is that they are afraid to find out that wiimote controls beats the hell out of dual analog controls, and thus will never be able to enjoy their favorite 360/PS3 FPS again as they once did

I think I like my mouse and keyboard more than both. Unless someone can give me actual replicated guns thats  kicks like a real gun. Then we will be talking. :P

Wii's Zapper gun isn't enough for you? XD

Nope :p

Really though it would be awsome if a third party did this.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network
NanakiXI said:
forest-spirit said:
NanakiXI said:
forest-spirit said:

I think the main concern of many HD gamers is that they are afraid to find out that wiimote controls beats the hell out of dual analog controls, and thus will never be able to enjoy their favorite 360/PS3 FPS again as they once did

I think I like my mouse and keyboard more than both. Unless someone can give me actual replicated guns thats  kicks like a real gun. Then we will be talking. :P

Wii's Zapper gun isn't enough for you? XD

Nope :p

Really though it would be awsome if a third party did this.

I can smell the lawsuits from here. Mmmmmmm, free money for my own stupid actions...

Why polish a game that will sell only 80k-100k copies

The point raised about the controls is absurd. All that it would show is that xbox/ps3 players just don't know how to aim with their own hands. Especially with the amount of customization that's available for the controls.

And i'll never understand wh people think that some shooters aren't as repetetive as others. You go from place to place occasionly encountering baddies and end up decimating with a new weapon you found earlier on leading up to a little tougher fight with a bigger and badder enemy.

And my god, are they actually saying that the game isn't easy to finish? Really? Unbelievable, it's not as if some people have problems during the first couple levels trying to adjust to the game schematics. It took me 2 hours of dying in Gears of War until i finally managed to come up with a play scheme to go through all the baddies and this was probably true for many other gamers. And if that's still too tough for them then i would recommend adjusting the difficulty level in the options menu. Sheesh.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Kotaku?

LOL.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Holding down to crouch...OK, the one customization option they forgot.
I can deal with that.

Gets old fast...like every FPS except Goldeneye and Halo 1

Graphics will probably be good enough for me.

ASE puzzles ???? We'll see when we get there??

Agreed. Those things aren't realy a problem for me.

As for the hard difficulty, I don't mind that either. Sometimes a game is more satisfying if it's a little hard. If the game is good, the difficulty shouldn't be a problem for me.

theRepublic said:
This is Kotaku, so anything about the Wii needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I will say that the article isn't actually that harsh, which is a good change of pace for them though. They raise what seem like valid concerns.

I only have issue with one thing though:

"Gets Old Fast Early On: I'm really hoping the story makes up for the lack of variety to gameplay. Sure, the All Seeing Eye puzzles shake things up a bit; but for the first four levels when you don't have it, combat gets really old really fast. Especially when you die more than four times at a single checkpoint."

There are several 90+ rated shooters that I have played that could be described as having a lack of varied gameplay.

So true about Kotaku. The day I take advice in regards to Nintendo games from Kotaku, is the day I scrap my teeth on bricks until all that's left is nerve endings.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Hmm, I don't see why using the c button to crouch is that bad. Maybe I just read that wrong. Yeah D pad does make more sense though.

My biggest concern is the all seeing eye puzzles. If those are intrusive to gameplay and not challenging, the game will lose points when reviewed.

Second biggest concern is the repetitive single player. This is generally an issue for a lot of games. Certainly doesn't hurt to make it less repetitive and vary things up. I am sure changes to the All seeing eye could greatly aid in this.

I would say it has plenty of time to polish these edges out, unfortunately as they stated the art teams is still working on new things. That is a bit discouraging. It won't please fans but this game may need a delay.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

the person who wrote that story is a SHE not a he people.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/972/972967p1.html

IGN said that it's "... a top-notch first-person shooter, and easily in the running for the system's best in the genre."

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."