By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku gives lots of details about The Conduit - and it needs polish, lots of polish

Phoenix_34 said:
not to prejudge the game or anything, but i think this game will go towards the same route as Timesplitters 2 for the gamecube and ps2. Fun but tragically underrated

Do you mean sales wise or review wise? Because TS2 got 8's and 9's all around and was given a handfull of near/perfect scores.

Around the Network

Holding down to crouch...OK, the one customization option they forgot.
I can deal with that.

Gets old fast...like every FPS except Goldeneye and Halo 1

Graphics will probably be good enough for me.

ASE puzzles ???? We'll see when we get there??

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

"The biggest problem I foresee for The Conduit comes from shooter fans that are too used to games on PS3 and 360. It takes a lot of work to unlearn the dual analog stick system of moving and shooting; I could see gamers getting frustrated and mistaking The Conduit's controls as the source of their learning curve woes.

That concern aside, Wii gamers will be pleased; because is [sic] nothing else, The Conduit is a step in the right direction. It might fall short of expectations on some fronts (especially if they don't get that difficulty balancing sorted out), but the game goes a long way towards exploring what the Wii can really do for the first person experience – as well as for multiplayer (if they get the servers working, that is)".

This end quote puts it into better perspective, I think.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
alfredofroylan said:
DiplomaticImmunity said:
i hope it doesnt fail like madworld

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=22383

Because every single game need 3 million copies sold the first week.

No no.

Just two million.

As for the complaints, I'll wait to play it before judging how valid they are (it's kotaku...). But holding down to crouch? Surely you can turn that off, High Voltage.

I'm not getting it. Not even on my radar. Not when I'm having trouble even playing through MP 3. And I have been a Metroid fan since the 80's.

Around the Network
appolose said:
"The biggest problem I foresee for The Conduit comes from shooter fans that are too used to games on PS3 and 360. It takes a lot of work to unlearn the dual analog stick system of moving and shooting; I could see gamers getting frustrated and mistaking The Conduit's controls as the source of their learning curve woes.

That concern aside, Wii gamers will be pleased; because is [sic] nothing else, The Conduit is a step in the right direction. It might fall short of expectations on some fronts (especially if they don't get that difficulty balancing sorted out), but the game goes a long way towards exploring what the Wii can really do for the first person experience – as well as for multiplayer (if they get the servers working, that is)".

I still think it is a ridiculous complaint.  I adapted to MP3 in no time.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I'm really glad it has cheats, but I wonder if they'll work in multiplayer? Obviously not for public matches (unless there's a specific option for 'Cheats' when you pick what type of match you want), but I'd like to see the ability for the host to enable any of the cheats he has unlocked.

i say this because it'd be a bit of a let-down to only be able to use them in single-player.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

What concerns me is a possible lack of polish. FPS fans are some of the harshest out their when it comes to presentation and performance. Even slight medicority will result in some terrible reviews (being on Wii certainly won't help either).

Repetitive play is the other. If there aren't enough unique enemy types or environment types to keep the game feeling fresh this could also hurt it.

One great thing in it's advantage though is the online play. It has by far the most robust FPS mulitplayer on Wii so far and that alone will move a lot of units.

alfredofroylan said:
DiplomaticImmunity said:
i hope it doesnt fail like madworld

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=22383

Because every single game need 3 million copies sold the first week.

This game is going to need alot more than Madworld. This game actually needs to do pretty good to make profit. Not saying that it needs to be 3million 1st week good but if it can open up with Killzone 2 like numbers then it will probally be a success.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

theRepublic said:
appolose said:

I still think it is a ridiculous complaint.  I adapted to MP3 in no time.

Yeah, it's not really a valid criticism at all.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz