By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up - FFXIII Preview, No MP (use all the magic you want), No LVL UP, No XP

No leveling...

So what they're retrying the Final Fanasy 2 formula?

Cause I liked the Final Fanasy 2 formula.... they just did it in a poor way.

No MP?  Maybe a Chrono Cross like system?  With different spells and actions taking different amounts of gauge?

Around the Network

Quick! lets blame Microsoft....

ehm..

You see!!! Do to the lack of space on DVD there is no room for level-up!!!
Or... Microsoft wouldn't allow XP on the PS3!!!

I hate Microsoft!!! :P

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

When it comes to leveling up I am old fashioned, would have liked it. This is progression though, I fully expect Versus to follow that route.

didnt they say you would only be able to increase stats like in ffx!?

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

LOL.

Seriously, no leveling up in RPG is like no ketchup for fries.

Around the Network

@NiKKom

the ability to use XP points & to level up your characters will be exclusively available for download on the Xbox 360 Real Nex-Gen Gaming & Entertainment Multimedia Device System at a price of $19.99

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

No leveling up, and this: "Party members are completely AI controlled." killed my interest in the game.

I hear "multiplayer" after reading that all AI controlled part. And the on screen enemies only are very Tales esqe, sounds kewl. The "no leveling up thing", well....I'm not impressed. This game will be short?...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Soriku said:

No level up...it isn't an RPG!1!!! :P (copies from FFCC: TCB thread)

I actually suspected no MP. In Baten Kaitos Origins and TWEWY there is no form of MP either...it's basically use all the attacks you want (with some limitations. In BKO the magnus cards you get is random most of the time and TWEWY after you use up a pin you have to wait a few seconds before you can use it again). In FF XIII you can only attack like 3 times then wait again for the ATB bar or something right? Anyway, I thought it'd be stupid to recharge your HP every battle (like BKO and TWEWY) and have there be MP as well...would you have to recharge your MP I thought?

I don't think I'm making much sense lol...but if you played BKO and TWEWY you'd know what I mean.

Edit: On further read maybe there'll be level up in FF XIII full as there was no level up in the FF VIII demo. Not sure about FF XII demo, was there? But the MP should be gone.

LOL!!!

OMG FFXIII haz no level system?! WTF its official Final Fantasy XIII is gonna flop in terms of quality. its no RPG its Dirg of cerberus in disguse!

darthdevidem01 said:
@NiKKom

the ability to use XP points & to level up your characters will be exclusively available for download on the Xbox 360 Real Nex-Gen Gaming & Entertainment Multimedia Device System at a price of $19.99

LMAO... I'm just glad Sony has the exclusive Black Chocobo available for $4.99....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)