By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up - FFXIII Preview, No MP (use all the magic you want), No LVL UP, No XP

This is it -- what almost all RPG fans have been waiting for. Square released a PS3 Final Fantasy XIII demo overnight in Japan, and after the dramatic changes set in Final Fantasy XII, players' expectations have been running high. After finishing the demo, I have to say I like where things are going.

Here are a handful of things that the demo does differently from other games in the series:

• There's no MP. That's right, use all the magic you want.
  • There are no level-ups or XP.
  • There are no random battles, with all enemies seen on-screen.
  • Combat moves very quickly, and you can queue up to three actions at a time.
  • Party members are completely AI controlled.

FOr the rest go here:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3173735

Damn.....NO Levelling up.....I dunno what to say

I am shocked....did we know of this before?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Sounds very boring... What else can they do wrong with this game??

No leveling up in the full game or just the demo? Need to clarify please.

I'm from the old school. One of my gripes with Lost Odyssey is its simplicity (no armor, overly simple battle system, etc.). I think games are being "dumbed down" too much, this gen. MGS4, Res Evil 5, and now Final Fantasy Xlll. Of course, I'm going to buy it, but is it still an RPG?

WTH!!!!?? I(and surely alot of others) want xp god dammit. Could it be that they are basing this of the demo and that its just the demo that doesnt got xp? If not i pray to god that versus will have xp.

Around the Network

So what's the issue of progress here, too?

Unless they develop everything heavily around getting newer and better items to progress and grow stronger. Maybe a technical system similar to Phantasy Star Universe.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It sure makes me skeptical… Let the AI heal you while you spam the most Overpowered spell you have…

No Level up or experience means gear will mean everything or you will just learn new abilities/spells as the story unfolds?

I hope they didn’t dumb this down to be stupid!

Wow my hype for this game have gone down fast these last couple of days.....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I like the no level up aspect.

hmmm

lets see what S-E does with this

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey