By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up - FFXIII Preview, No MP (use all the magic you want), No LVL UP, No XP

daxiang12 said:

LOL.

Seriously, no leveling up in RPG is like no ketchup for fries.

I love fries without ketchup..

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

OMG and after so many years of being made just into a game that has no leveling up system? how pathetic.

Oh they got all this from the demo, the gameplay and basically nothing else had been finalized, Kitase himself said so much has changed since that demo. No way can you use all the magic you want, game would become too easy.

No XP - That completely cuts out grinding, people will just run around enemies. The demo was really incomplete bullshit. :/

@majin

really I don't understand overly critical people like yourself

give em a chance!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@majin

really I don't understand overly critical people like yourself

give em a chance!

I would hardly consider myself overly critical, since I mostly try to look on the bright side... But when a RPG forces my to play as just one character, that is a massive gripe for me. Even more so when apparently there is no leveling whatsoever. I just don't see what the point in the game is without this. If I wanted to run around aimlessly farming mobs, I'd pick up WoW again.

Around the Network

no leveling up and no xp is a good move. They might be trying something new. But they should've stuck with the old formula. I think ill wait for reviews before i buy this game. (When it releases.)

RPG said:

Oh they got all this from the demo, the gameplay and basically nothing else had been finalized, Kitase himself said so much has changed since that demo. No way can you use all the magic you want, game would become too easy.

No XP - That completely cuts out grinding, people will just run around enemies. The demo was really incomplete bullshit. :/

Then this isn't all FACT? Well then, worry much less...many JRPG demos dont have leveling up. Vesperia's demo didn't. Its to make the players focus more on the gameplay then grinding as much as possible before the demo ends.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Well, technically you didn't level up in FFX either and it was secondary to Junctioning in FFVIII. Then you have the kind used in FFII, so there is precedent for this.

Also, FFXII had a hybrid system of leveling

There will be some form of leveling up no doubt. I wonder if the magic is kind of like Junction system where you used magic as long as you had it or an item rather than using Mana.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

if there is no XP or level ups, I'M NOT GETTING IT, it wouldnt be a rpg without leveling up

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane