By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up - FFXIII Preview, No MP (use all the magic you want), No LVL UP, No XP

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
No leveling up, and this: "Party members are completely AI controlled." killed my interest in the game.

Try persona 3.  You can't control your party members either.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
No leveling up, and this: "Party members are completely AI controlled." killed my interest in the game.

Try persona 3.  You can't control your party members either.

Then I probably won't try Persona 3.

No leveling? No MP? So its an.. action game?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Shadowblind said:
RPG said:

Oh they got all this from the demo, the gameplay and basically nothing else had been finalized, Kitase himself said so much has changed since that demo. No way can you use all the magic you want, game would become too easy.

No XP - That completely cuts out grinding, people will just run around enemies. The demo was really incomplete bullshit. :/

Then this isn't all FACT? Well then, worry much less...many JRPG demos dont have leveling up. Vesperia's demo didn't. Its to make the players focus more on the gameplay then grinding as much as possible before the demo ends.

LV up is a JRPG trade mark, it is not going to change any time soon because it would not be a JRPG then. Would the weapons get stronger like dark cloud? It's just not going to happen, leveling up and XP will be in the final game.

This demo looks like it has done more harm then good besides from SE pocket, then again the final game will release and everyone will be foaming from their mouths so.......

Off Topic but damn Agito looked sweet, Versus in game models also were on another level but I am not going to say too much until I see gameplay.

W-T-F . No leveling up , infinite magic and only control 1 character at a time? FAIL

Around the Network

Hee hee hee

This is going to be so cool

this game just went down in hype for me... no levelling up whats the point in fighting? allies AI controlled is a hell no i dont like playing with AI 100% of the time its crap.... could it be that FFXIII will be crap?

i want the level/ability system in ff9!

"Oh no! A game where grinding gets me nothing, and strategy is made more important than ever! Rabble rabble rabble!"

C'mon, guys, don't you see the potential for awesomeness, here?

SE are aiming to release the game WW 6 months after the Japanese release, you lot can make your decisions about if you will purchase it months after I have completed it and spoiled the game for all yall. :P

Darth change your OP, add "This is from the demo and nothing had been finalized, TOV did not have levelling up in MP and it had it in the full game. Use your noggin people and stop jumping the gun. :D On top of that infinite magic was only for the demo, you do not start off with magic in the full game."

-_- gonna be the best JRPG ever!