By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up - FFXIII Preview, No MP (use all the magic you want), No LVL UP, No XP

Bring on the sphere grid!!!

Around the Network

What no leveling up? Then what's the point of going into battles? -_-' Ugh sounds boring, especially that I was getting more hyped about it... What the hell is S-E thinking?

Every single person who comes in here and says "what's the point of battles without leveling" gives me more ideas about writing an editorial to deconstruct the entire RPG genre.

The point of battles is that they're fun! I mean, what else would it be?

Yes they're fun but there has to be also a purpose of battling... If I get no benefits then what?

NiKKoM said:
Khuutra said:
Okay I guess you guys really don't.

Bah! Fie and foo on you all! I look forward to this game even more now.

Neh... we just want to bitch about FF....

If it was like say.. FF4.. we would have said: BORING, OLDSCHOOL GAMEPLAY, THEY COPIED FF4... BOOOORRINNG
If it was like say.. FF8.. we would have said: OMG!!! FUCKING JUNCTIONiNG AGAIN.. IIIIIIUUUEEEWWWW...
If it was like say.. FF12.. we woulld have said: NNOOOOOO NOT AGGGAAAINN... FFFFUUUUCCCKKKK...

even if it was like Chrono Trigger we would find something to bitch about..

it's the internet circle of life for FF... :)

Well for one Chrono Trigger was originally going to be FF7.  Could you imagine how much more Kickass FF8-12 would of been with a CT influence rather then FF7.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

I really hope your joking.

I hope you have an explanation for why, assuming that thisi s true (it may be a demo-only thing), it would necessarily be detrimental to the quality of the game.

I would explain, but i feel like i cant go up against you logically so... mhm... yep. >_>

This game is going to be awesome.

You guys are not looking at the big picture here. Even if there were no leveling up do you really think the developers will not come up with some type of alternitive? Just look at what they have done so far

FF7 with the Materia System.
FF8 with the Junction System.
FF9 with the with the abilitys and magic in your equipment (they might that for FF13 to replace grinding for leveling up you character).
FF10 with the Sphere Grid System
FF12 with the Gambit System.

Khuutra said:
Every single person who comes in here and says "what's the point of battles without leveling" gives me more ideas about writing an editorial to deconstruct the entire RPG genre.

The point of battles is that they're fun! I mean, what else would it be?

Well... to a lot of people leveling up is fun too.

I mean I've spent more time creating characters in some games then i have playing with them.

Of course with how limited Final Fantasy leveling is that point may be less teneable.

Leveling up chars in FF5-6 was all sorts of fun though.

lolita said:
Yes they're fun but there has to be also a purpose of battling... If I get no benefits then what?

Well, frankly, the battle's benefit is in the fun, or in overcoming the strategic challenge. That's the point of most goal-oriented games.

I mean, what's the point of leveling up? Being able to fight more?

It's the same process, just without a number next to your character.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

I really hope your joking.

I hope you have an explanation for why, assuming that thisi s true (it may be a demo-only thing), it would necessarily be detrimental to the quality of the game.

I would explain, but i feel like i cant go up against you logically so... mhm... yep. >_>

No, by all means, go ahead! Strong reasoning argues for itself.