By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

Just re-read the first page. Good stuff.

I don't know why, but I always felt a bit disappointed with Sacred Stones. It was still a great game for me, but I guess I just didn't like the characters as much. Joshua was awesome though (character, not necessarily stat wise).

Around the Network

Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy are about as different as RPGs can get.

I think I'm going to capitalize on this.

Sacred Stones is the Fire Emblem game that you to the largest extent break or make yourself. If you play the most efficient and clever way for everything, it can be a rather dull game. If you use the characters you like, and stick with them even if they're not necessarily the best choice, the game is a lot more fun.  Using people like Duessel and Seth a lot sort of just breaks the entire game completely. Personally, I pretty much only liked the squishy low-defence people in SS, so I ended up with a very oddly shaped team.

The oddest thing with FE8 is how the chapters are placed. The main storyline is by far shorter than in the other games, in fact, the main storyline is the shortest in the entire series (save Gaiden), but it actually has the most chapters overall out of all the Fire Emblems.

FE6 is 25 mainline chapters, but there's a split route of 4 more, and 6 gaiden chapters, making for 35 in total.

FE7 is 31 mainline chapters, with 3 extra through split routes and  7 gaiden chapters, making for 41 in total.

FE8 is 21 mainline chapters, with 6 extra through split routes, 8 in the Tower and 10 in the ruins, making for 45 in total.

FE9 has 30 chapters, but sort of 3 extra due to one being a 4-parter.  So 30/33 in total.

FE10 has 43 main storyline chapters.

(For the record, FE5, FE11 and FE12 all have 25 chapters, and FE4 has 10, though the latter are too different to compare).

So Seth is actually a good sort of prepromote? Monica (my wife) compared him to Titania, which is high praise indeed.

I don't feel worthy of being in this topic, since the only Fire Emblem that I've owned was Shadow Dragon on the DS (although I did play one of the GBA ones, can't remember which) - I did very much enjoy it though :) 

I'll definitely be buying the 3DS version when it's released- I don't care too much about the difficulty; I'm a bit of a casual as far as Fire Emblem goes really :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

It's okay to like FIre Emblem for the fundamentals of its gameplay and the (relative) strength of its writing and worldbuilding. Those are perfectly valid reasons!

Am I the only one who plays it like at true strategy game? No resets?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ah, Ross and Garcia. I do like the father/son dynamic.

Hey, what the Hell is the Journeyman class?

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
Ah, Ross and Garcia. I do like the father/son dynamic.

Hey, what the Hell is the Journeyman class?

It's a training class that doesn't make an appearance in any other FE. There are two more training classes in Sacred Stones.

A training class is lower than the base class for characters. Once you have leveled up a trainee to level 10, they will automatically promote to a base class when you are about to start the next chapter or map. Sacred Stones gives you the choice between two classes when promoting a unit and the trainees are no exception. In Ross's case, he can either become a fighter like his father or a pirate. Then you can level him up and promote him just like any other base class unit. The trainees start with awfully low states, but they can become quite powerful, because they basically go to level 50, not just level 40 like all the other units.

There's also a "secret" involving the training classes. Once you have beaten the game on both Eirika's and Ephraim's route (difficulty setting doesn't matter), there will be a third choice when promoting the trainees. In Ross's case that would be Journeyman again and another time when he is promoting to his highest class, so you can have a 10/20/20 Journeyman, if you wish. It's not really beneficial though.

50 levels in Journeyman sounds incredibly silly.

Now a pirate with fire support, that is something I can get behind. Looks like Ross just earned his place on this team!

In all of my Sacred Stoned's playtroughs I've paired Eirika with Ephrain (supports). Can't resist the twincest

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?