By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

Good news! Fire Emblem 13 is definitely being localised to Europe, which most likely means it's being localised to USA too, considering Fire Emblem barely sells at all in Europe. (Radiant Dawn sold what, 3000 copies?).

And there's even more stuff that makes a reappearance from previous games. Such as people transforming into a wolf (ala Laguz) and a person who looks a lot like Marth fighting against Krom. Not to mention that the boxart looks incredibly odd, I'd never have guessed it was Fire Emblem.

It seems like a... reimagining of the series while bringing in every possible element from old games.

Here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Tfvav9kgw&feature=player_embedded

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pineapple said:

Good news! Fire Emblem 13 is definitely being localised to Europe, which most likely means it's being localised to USA too, considering Fire Emblem barely sells at all in Europe. (Radiant Dawn sold what, 3000 copies?).

Are you trolling?

I mean, considering what Americans had to go through in regards to Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, it's hard to interpret your post in any other way.

I'm not at all trolling. I don't even get what you're talking about. I never make posts with the goal of upsetting other people, you ought to have understood that by now.

I figured that Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are all titles that are potentially large enough to warrant versions of themselves in Europe alone.

Now, Xenoblade performed a lot worse than I thought it had, but look at this

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Xenoblade Chronicles
Lifetime European sales 7,193 5,238 146,933

The difference in size is just incredible. You can translate a game expecting 100,000 copies or 50,000 copies. But Fire Emblem barely sells at all in Europe. The translation just doesn't seem worth it for a game that's going need luck to sell 10,000 copies.

In the US, on the other hand, Fire Emblem is relatively large. Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn both saw half their sales come from there - around 250,000.

From a business standpoint, both Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America would have to be idiots for it to be imported only to Europe.

I'm confident Fire Emblem is going to be localized by NoA, and I expect the formal announcement to come around E3. I say this partly because of blind optimism, and partly because I'm near NoA's Bay Area office, and I have access to the Anarchist's Cookbook...

The reasoning for my doubts about Radiant Dawn's Europe sales is mostly that Nintendo released shipment numbers for it at one point, and the tracking in USA and Japan is rather solid. Thus, finding out the Europe sales wasn't too hard. And they were incredibly low. 3000 copies or something.  I can't seem to find the source though, so I may be misremembering somewhat.

Still, VGChartz' Fire Emblem data is quite hilarious. Which Fire Emblem game sold the most in Europe? Why, Fire Emblem 6, of course! The one that never released outsde of Japan. Which sold the most in North Ameria? Also Fire Emblem 6!

RolStoppable said:
Pineapple said:

The reasoning for my doubts about Radiant Dawn's Europe sales is mostly that Nintendo released shipment numbers for it at one point, and the tracking in USA and Japan is rather solid. Thus, finding out the Europe sales wasn't too hard. And they were incredibly low. 3000 copies or something.  I can't seem to find the source though, so I may be misremembering somewhat.

Still, VGChartz' Fire Emblem data is quite hilarious. Which Fire Emblem game sold the most in Europe? Why, Fire Emblem 6, of course! The one that never released outsde of Japan. Which sold the most in North Ameria? Also Fire Emblem 6!

Do you mean 3,000 copies in shipments? That would certainly be wrong, because no game that is expected to ship such a low amount initially gets translated into five languages. The costs of the translations would be greater than the return.

That's pretty much precisely my point about Awakening.