By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

PhantomLink said:

In all of my Sacred Stoned's playtroughs I've paired Eirika with Ephrain (supports). Can't resist the twincest

That is pretty groady I have to admit, are they really that creepy with each other

Around the Network

I never really understood the incest jokes with Eirika and Ephraim. They just have a very close sibling relationship. It's been a while since I played Sacred Stones, but I don't recall their relationship being a lot different than the one I have with my sisters. I rather liked it myself, because I felt it was a natural relationship between a man and a woman, while clearly not being anything romantic, and that's quite rare in video games.

Everybody else seems to just feel it's screaming incest, though, so I don't know.

Pineapple said:

I never really understood the incest jokes with Eirika and Ephraim. They just have a very close sibling relationship. It's been a while since I played Sacred Stones, but I don't recall their relationship being a lot different than the one I have with my sisters. I rather liked it myself, because I felt it was a natural relationship between a man and a woman, while clearly not being anything romantic, and that's quite rare in video games.

Everybody else seems to just feel it's screaming incest, though, so I don't know.

Two years and some months ago I think you were the guy who told me that if they had changed Eirika and Ephraim from twins to lovers then it wouldn't have required much dialogue re-writing

Khuutra said:
Pineapple said:

Two years and some months ago I think you were the guy who told me that if they had changed Eirika and Ephraim from twins to lovers then it wouldn't have required much dialogue re-writing

Either I used to be a somewhat of an idiot, or you're misremembering.

Assuming you're right, why did you remember what I said about two characters in a game you hadn't played for 2 and a half years?

Or, I might have spoken about some of the characters from FE4 or FE5. There's plenty of odd incest-implying there. For instance, search "Nanna with Aless" here: http://serenesforest.net/fe4/script_11.html .

darkhaven63 said:
Ah yes Fire Emblem, I like the series but my main problem is the damn RNG!

Accept the RNG for what it is and you will be spared. Deny it and shit is Random.

Around the Network

I'm a big RPG fan, but never really got into the series. I'm about to try out Sacred Stones through my ambassador program. Can someone list all of the games in the series from first to last just in case I like this one and want to get the others. Thanks.

RolStoppable said:
odellwwww said:
I'm a big RPG fan, but never really got into the series. I'm about to try out Sacred Stones through my ambassador program. Can someone list all of the games in the series from first to last just in case I like this one and want to get the others. Thanks.

• 4. FE: Holy War (SNES, Japan only, new setting, not connected to the previous three games)

This isn't really important, and it's just sort of a fun fact, and you can probably just ignore it Odel, but what you said there isn't completely correct, Rol.

According to the designer's notes for FE4, Jugdral (FE4 and FE5) and Akaneia (1, 3) (and thus also Barensia (FE 2) are in fact in the same universe.

Q: Is there any relationship with the continent of Akaneia from the previous game?

A: Yes. In terms of eras, the era of Genealogy of the Holy War occurs long before the continent of Akaneia. Jugdral was an advanced country, whereas Akaneia barely held any level of civilisation. At this time, the dragon tribes of Akaneia were deciding on how to handle the human race. The Divine Dragon tribe and the Earth Dragon tribe divided into two opposing sides, the same Earth Dragon tribe appearing in Genealogy of the Holy War.

Source: http://serenesforest.net/general/designer4_2.html

This most likely means that before Shouzou Kaga (the creator of Fire Emblem) left Intelligent Systems, they planned all the continents to be part of the same universe.

I'm not sure how well all the continents being in the same universe holds up now, though. The GBA Fire Emblems could very well be in the same universe as the NES/SNES ones (especially with there being Manaketes in both, and other similarities), but the Tellius Fire Emblem games kind of muck that up. Especially Radiant Dawn, with all the other continents sinking. That would mean that Radiat Dawn would have to be the very last game chronologically.

Yes, i am positive that Link's Awakening had a hard-save. A blessing and a curse because i would occasionally mentally swap positions of the "Power" and "Start" buttons, and turn off the console forcing me to go back to my last save-state

Perhaps its like on the Wii Virtual Console, where they treat the matter of save-states differently depending on the console (like N64 games lacking soft-states that every other console had). GBA games all having the ability to save in-game could be the reason against that. Or just because Link's Awakening was early on and Nintendo didn't really know what they wanted to do yet

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Yes, i am positive that Link's Awakening had a hard-save. A blessing and a curse because i would occasionally mentally swap positions of the "Power" and "Start" buttons, and turn off the console forcing me to go back to my last save-state

Perhaps its like on the Wii Virtual Console, where they treat the matter of save-states differently depending on the console (like N64 games lacking soft-states that every other console had). GBA games all having the ability to save in-game could be the reason against that. Or just because Link's Awakening was early on and Nintendo didn't really know what they wanted to do yet

I think it has more to do with the idea that the ambassador titles just didn't have all of those fancy extra implemented yet, and we'll see more of them when more NES/GBA games become integrated with the Virtual Console in the future.

RolStoppable said:
odellwwww said:

• 1. Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon (NES, Japan only)
  • 2. FE: Gaiden (NES, Japan only, takes place in the same world as the first game, but a different continent)
  • 3. FE: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES, Japan only, direct sequel to the first game)
  • 4. FE: Holy War (SNES, Japan only, new setting, not connected to the previous three games)
  • 5. FE: Thracia 776 (SNES, Japan only, sidestory to the fourth game)
  • 6. FE: Sword of Seals (GBA, Japan only, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 7. FE: Blazing Sword (GBA, worldwide, prequel of the sixth game, takes place about 20 years earlier)
  • 8. FE: Sacred Stones (GBA, worldwide, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 9. FE: Path of Radiance (GC, worldwide, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 10. FE: Radiant Dawn (Wii, worldwide, direct sequel to the ninth game)
  • 11. FE: Shadow Dragon (DS, worldwide, remake of the first game)
  • 12. FE: New Mystery of the Emblem (DS, Japan only, remake of the third game)
  • 13. Fire Emblem (3DS, TBA)

Thanks. I'm starting to really get into Sacred Stones.  I'll probably get either the gamecube or wii game when I'm done with this one.