By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

odellwwww said:
RolStoppable said:
odellwwww said:
I'm a big RPG fan, but never really got into the series. I'm about to try out Sacred Stones through my ambassador program. Can someone list all of the games in the series from first to last just in case I like this one and want to get the others. Thanks.

• 1. Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon (NES, Japan only)
  • 2. FE: Gaiden (NES, Japan only, takes place in the same world as the first game, but a different continent)
  • 3. FE: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES, Japan only, direct sequel to the first game)
  • 4. FE: Holy War (SNES, Japan only, new setting, not connected to the previous three games)
  • 5. FE: Thracia 776 (SNES, Japan only, sidestory to the fourth game)
  • 6. FE: Sword of Seals (GBA, Japan only, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 7. FE: Blazing Sword (GBA, worldwide, prequel of the sixth game, takes place about 20 years earlier)
  • 8. FE: Sacred Stones (GBA, worldwide, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 9. FE: Path of Radiance (GC, worldwide, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 10. FE: Radiant Dawn (Wii, worldwide, direct sequel to the ninth game)
  • 11. FE: Shadow Dragon (DS, worldwide, remake of the first game)
  • 12. FE: New Mystery of the Emblem (DS, Japan only, remake of the third game)
  • 13. Fire Emblem (3DS, TBA)

Thanks. I'm starting to really get into Sacred Stones.  I'll probably get either the gamecube or wii game when I'm done with this one.

I'd advise Radiant Dawn. While the earlier chapters of the game are harder than Path of Radiance (quite significantly in a few cases), Radiant Dawn irons out a few of the inequities of Path of Radiance rather well, with more balanced gameplay on the whole

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
odellwwww said:
RolStoppable said:
odellwwww said:
I'm a big RPG fan, but never really got into the series. I'm about to try out Sacred Stones through my ambassador program. Can someone list all of the games in the series from first to last just in case I like this one and want to get the others. Thanks.

• 1. Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon (NES, Japan only)
  • 2. FE: Gaiden (NES, Japan only, takes place in the same world as the first game, but a different continent)
  • 3. FE: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES, Japan only, direct sequel to the first game)
  • 4. FE: Holy War (SNES, Japan only, new setting, not connected to the previous three games)
  • 5. FE: Thracia 776 (SNES, Japan only, sidestory to the fourth game)
  • 6. FE: Sword of Seals (GBA, Japan only, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 7. FE: Blazing Sword (GBA, worldwide, prequel of the sixth game, takes place about 20 years earlier)
  • 8. FE: Sacred Stones (GBA, worldwide, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 9. FE: Path of Radiance (GC, worldwide, new setting, not connected to any previous games)
  • 10. FE: Radiant Dawn (Wii, worldwide, direct sequel to the ninth game)
  • 11. FE: Shadow Dragon (DS, worldwide, remake of the first game)
  • 12. FE: New Mystery of the Emblem (DS, Japan only, remake of the third game)
  • 13. Fire Emblem (3DS, TBA)

Thanks. I'm starting to really get into Sacred Stones.  I'll probably get either the gamecube or wii game when I'm done with this one.

I'd advise Radiant Dawn. While the earlier chapters of the game are harder than Path of Radiance (quite significantly in a few cases), Radiant Dawn irons out a few of the inequities of Path of Radiance rather well, with more balanced gameplay on the whole

I'll probably play Radiant Dawn when I'm done with SS.

Okay I got the first support convo between Eirika and Ephraim.

This is

More than a little weird

I guess the best example of how well each character performs is how often I use them; I had to hold back Joshua in one mission so he doens't overlevel, and therein I notice that Eirika is like three levels behind the rest of the party. The Hell!?

Khuutra said:
Okay I got the first support convo between Eirika and Ephraim.

This is

More than a little weird

I finished  Sacred Stones again last night and for the first time I didn't pair Ephraim with Eirika, instead I did Ephraim-L'Arachel haha awesome conversations

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Around the Network

:/ I have to get around to downloading mah freebies (including Sacred Stones, which makes this post on topic). Too busy in the mindless fun of Reginleiv...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Getting the little recruit girl is... tricky. The hallway she attacks you in is very narrow, and my characters are all about level 10 while she's about level Stupid. Had to reset after that one. Bluh.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
Getting the little recruit girl is... tricky. The hallway she attacks you in is very narrow, and my characters are all about level 10 while she's about level Stupid. Had to reset after that one. Bluh.

She approaches your units, so you only stay out of her range and talk to her with Franz in the following turn. I am pretty sure you figured, but I will always be there to help you.

That's the problem with the hallway being so narrow - enemies tend to pile onto my guys in that segment, and I'm not one-shotting them.

Also I'm not using Franz, though surely Ephraim could recruit her too?

I take it Amelia, like Ross, is a pretty beefy kid if leveled properly.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
I take it Amelia, like Ross, is a pretty beefy kid if leveled properly.

Yup. This Fire Emblem features once again a desert with hidden items and among them is the Metis Tome which has the same purpose as Afa's Drop from the previous game. It increases the growth of all stats by 5 %, so giving it to a trainee unit would be a good idea. I can link you a map of the desert if you want, there's also a silver card which allows you to buy stuff for half the price.

Due to its world map design, you can play this game as long as you want after completing the story. You can level up all characters as well as keep earning money and buy stat upgrade items from secret shops, provided you've got the member card. So in theory, you can max out all characters' stats.

Hm, interesting. Well, Ross is already well on his way to being a behemoth - would it be worth saving up Amelia for that Tome? Actually how would I even level her, that late in the game?