By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

I beat finally beat Radiant Dawn in Hard mode yesterday! I became a man!

It's been at least six months since I last tried it. I go to the last level...barely, only to be completely discouraged by how incredibly hard the last boss was. Anyway, after a six month wait, I decided it was time to kick that bitch's ass. It took a lot of work and the sacrifice of Nasir, but I actually did it. I did it, I beat Radiant Dawn on Hard mode :)

This was one of the best games I played on Wii. I beat it twice on Normal and once on Hard and now I'm thinking of playing it again, but on Normal 0.o, I don't think I can do another hard. I'd totally forgive NIntendo if they announce a new FE game at E3 coming this fall.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

I'm hoping for a new Fire Emblem too.

More translations would also be okay.

No fire emblem announced, but I am almost finished my Path of Radiance play through. After that I move on to unlocking all the hidden scenes in Radiant Dawn. I have to play through twice though, as I deleted my save on accident so I can't start a second play through game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I've been playing Shadow Dragon for a bit now, and I don't like it. I never thought I'd say that about a FE game. It's just that the game is so bleh. Seems too simplistic, easy, and the story and characters are terrible.
I HATE how you're given 100000 characters in the first few chapters, and they you have to take a pick from all the genericness. I just want a console FE. One that was made in this decade, please.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Dragging this back up.

I just read that Normal in the US/PAL release of Radiant Dawn is the Japanese Hard mode! And our Hard is their Maniac!

Is this true? Why would they do that?

Around the Network

Also: should I play Path of Radiance on Hard? I've heard that the battle with Ashnard is... something else altogether.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
Dragging this back up.

I just read that Normal in the US/PAL release of Radiant Dawn is the Japanese Hard mode! And our Hard is their Maniac!

Is this true? Why would they do that?

I guess they just have different names for the difficulties and that's it. Where's the problem?

The final chapter in Path of Radiance is different on hard mode, but if you know what's going to happen, it's pretty easy to beat it without losing any units.

I guess it's just that I'm kind of surprised that I played Hard mode my first time through.

Anyway.

I dunno! I hear Ashnard actually moves in Hard mode! That sounds... problematic. How bad is his second form?

That isn't much of an offset at all.

My brother just beat Path of Radiance on Normal and is now playing Radiant Dawn on Easy. I can't blame him - he's the kind of gamer who plays a game in order to experience its characters and mechanics, not necessarily to beat it into the dirt.

Myself, I do not think I will ever play it on Hard. That game is too hard as is.

Edit: For the sake of posterity, I'm making note here that my brother decided to play on Normal instead of Easy. He's having an easier time with Micaiah's chapters than I did, possibly because he knows how to Battle Save.

Path of Radiance was the introduction to the Western world on a console, so the difficulty level was set lower than in Japan, hence the offset. If you have beat Radiant Dawn on normal mode, well then Path of Radiance hard mode is similar in difficulty. Ashnard moves, but you just have to keep all your units out of range besides Ike, who has to solo either way; this time without supports.

I have beat Path of Radiance on hard mode, but in currently working through Radiant Dawn on hard, I'm having a much more difficult time. In the past I gave up twice on Part 1 Ch 5. Jill kept dying before I could get anyone up there to protect herself from the mages; that or I lost units in the rush to get there. This time however, I finally got through it by giving up the idea that I can keep every unit alive. I lost Meg and Aran in 1-4 and Edward, Leonardo and Ilyana in 1-5. Not detrimental losses.

Too any newcomers to the series, I wouldn't let the difficulty turn you off. There is an easy mode with in game guides. The difficulty of the harder modes adds to the replayability. It requires some thought but its also turn-based, so you can take as much time as you need to sort things out. I also don't think it appeals to just a "hardcore" gamer, as I don't see myself as one. I play in the evenings for about an hour before bed, sit back, dose off to the music, wake up a few minutes later and keep playing without missing anything.

Dragging this back up, brushing it off.

God, what a nice topic. All our Fire Emblem players are largely gone, though, except me and Rol. Can this be revived, or would it require a new topic? And new members!?

I haven't played Fire Emblem in almost three years, now.

THat makes this a perfect time to start Sacred Stones. Yeah!