By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brawl vs. Halo 3, Predictions

BAM!

Instant crow.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

LOCK!

lol haha this thread is SO OLD but it was funny that it popped up under the main discussions haha its 5/18/09

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Bitmap Frogs said:
BAM!

Instant crow.

I posted this in the Halo 3 pages because I didn't want people to bump this. Now you're going to get it locked.

Lol.

2007 was a funny year. This thread is almost as good as the one where half the posters said the PS3 wouldn't cross 10 million sold.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I hope this doesn't get locked, because now we can actually make predictions based on sales data.

Current trends suggest that Halo 3 will eventually win out unless it ends up falling off sharply at some point and SSBB keeps its legs for a long, long time.

MontanaHatchet said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
BAM!

Instant crow.

I posted this in the Halo 3 pages because I didn't want people to bump this. Now you're going to get it locked.

C'mon Montanta... you've been a mod, you should know better.

Anyways, why should this be locked? Considering the subject, revisiting the thread from time to time isn't exactly off-topic...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I recall an argument I was involved in on Brawl's wall...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/wall.php?id=6962

Smashchu2 posted 17/01/2009, 07:39
@MontanaHatchet:

Again, it depends on what we are going to call legs. Let's take these two games. You claim both have strong legs, but one is about to overtake another due to legs. With this in mind, it may be questionable to say Halo 3 has great legs. If it did, why is it slowing so much? Why is Smash Brothers about to overtake it? The titles we attribute to legs have stayed on the charts for 40, 60, even 100 weeks. 35 is a little weak in comparison. Brawl has legs because it is staying in the charts. Halo 3 struggled to keep head above water.

Titles with legs make their sale in long term, not short term. Brawl has stayed strong and has stayed longer. Halo 3 came with a strong burst and tried to keep up. In this sense, I would say Brawl had(has) legs and Halo 3 did not. Truthfully, I would definably not say Halo 3 had great legs. It really didn't.

---

lmao.

This thread is so awesome. :D Now eat your crow, ninty-fans.