By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brawl vs. Halo 3, Predictions

Gonna have to put my money on Brawl but it will be close.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

I'm gonna list the advantages of why Brawl or Halo will do better than the other.

Halo 3

1. launchs before brawl.

2. Is a fps. (most if not all fps do well on 360)

3. A lot of advertising.

4. Better first and multiplayer modes. (not going into details)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

1. Releases right before christmas.

2. Cheaper

3. Wii will have sold a lot by the time it launches.

4. A lot of new stuff. (not going into details)

Their may be more advantages for both so let me know and I will add them. Hope this helps people decide which will win.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Better multiplayer is highly debatable and is really only based on taste.

twesterm said:
Better multiplayer is highly debatable and is really only based on taste.

I ment better than the previous game.(halo 2) I guess the same can be said for brawl. Oh and since we don't know much about the adventure mode in brawl it could also be debated who has better single player.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

RolStoppable said:

Additional advantages for Brawl:

5. The thread dedicated to this game has the second most posts on this forum. 

6. Pikachu will have a totally new collection of stupid hats to choose from. 

Not really good advantages. You were joking right?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
RolStoppable said:

Additional advantages for Brawl:

5. The thread dedicated to this game has the second most posts on this forum.

6. Pikachu will have a totally new collection of stupid hats to choose from.

Not really good advantages. You were jokeing right?

Wrong. It's spelled joking.

oops lol. Fixed it.

Those are no jokes...Pikachu could kill Master Chief if he was wearing a cowboy hat.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

MontanaHatchet said:
No offense, but the whole, "Brawl will sell more in the long term" is a bunch of crap. No matter how well the Wii sells, Brawl can't even begin to touch Halo's strength.

Halo sells somewhat well in Japan, and Smash Bros has never been amazingly strong in Japan, although it does sell quite well, and manages to have long legs.

Super Mario Galaxy, maybe. Brawl? No chance.

Is that so? Looking at the numbers for the previous games, SSB wasn't really all that far off Halo 2. So how does your "no matter how well the Wii sells, BRAWL CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TOUCH HALO'S STRENGTH." argument even come in to effect?

SSBM has sold 6.58 mill worldwide to date. Halo 2 has sold 8.27 mill to date. How is that not comparable? Seriously?

Just kiss the tip.

To add to my previous post and to accentuate my point, Super Smash Bros for N64 has sold 5.55 mill to date, and Halo has sold 6.43 mill to date. Also, very close. So, MontanaHatchet, how are these games not comparable in sales?

Just kiss the tip.

Legend11 said:
Game_boy said:
MontanaHatchet said:
No offense, but the whole, "Brawl will sell more in the long term" is a bunch of crap. No matter how well the Wii sells, Brawl can't even begin to touch Halo's strength.

Halo sells somewhat well in Japan, and Smash Bros has never been amazingly strong in Japan, although it does sell quite well, and manages to have long legs.

Super Mario Galaxy, maybe. Brawl? No chance.
Super Smash Bros. was the Gamecube's best selling game (Wikipedia) and Halo was the Xbox's best selling game. They both sold similar amounts, and Xbox had a slight advantage in hardware sales. Overall, the Wii has an ever increasing sales advantage over Xbox 360, and assuming these games will get sales proportional to their predecessors Brawl should beat Halo 3 in the long run by a small amount. Halo will win in the short term though, due to hype. Smash Bros. must be strong in Japan: the original was meant to be Japan-only but its success allowed Nintendo to release it in NA and PAL too.

Take a look in the charts to see which game has the longer legs (I know Halo 2 has been a staple of the charts since it first came out).  Also you can't just looked at the Wii's installed base and make some kind of calculation compared to the Gamecube's because the audiences for both systems are not the exact same.  There are people buying Wiis that were never gamers before but picked one up because of Wii Sports, I can't see many of those kinds of people having bought Gamecubes.  Anyways what I'm trying to say is that the Wii's audience is much more diverse than the Gamecube's so chances are a game in some hardcore genre will very likely not have the same attachement rate on the Wii that they would have on the Gamecube.

So, with that theory in mind, you think that people that bought a GC aren't going to buy a Wii? Especially when Brawl and Mario Galaxy are coming out? I think you are incorrect sir.

Just kiss the tip.