By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brawl vs. Halo 3, Predictions

Oh yeah I forgot to say which will sell better. SSBB for sure!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network
cebrian said:
Because Halo 1 is a direct comparison to Super Smash Bros Melee, because they both were launch titles for their respective consoles.

This is true. But even if it wasn't Super Smash Bros on N64 came very close to the sales of the original Halo anyways. So there.

Just kiss the tip.

cebrian said:
A.L.E.X59 Smash Bros Melee did outsell Halo1 by a few thousand units. I dont think it will sell at all because of the sequel coming out. Dont get me wrong im sure many people who didnt own a gamecube will get it, but there a not many new smash bros melees to sell, and there will be no new shipments, so the numbers wont change. I do think used copies will fly the shleves though.

As for Super Smash Bros, it went on to sell 5.5 million copies very late on the life of the N64 and that in itself is a really impressive feat.
I hope they put the original in the virtual console...

Agreed 100%.

Just kiss the tip.

They'll probably put SSB on the VC close to SSBB's release.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Similar to spamming Metroid on the VC right before MP3 *loses 800 Wii Points for Super Metroid*

Back on topic: Halo 3 has a great launch then falls flat. SSBB sells. Forever.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
Chadius said:
Similar to spamming Metroid on the VC right before MP3 *loses 800 Wii Points for Super Metroid*

Back on topic: Halo 3 has a great launch then falls flat. SSBB sells. Forever.

Halo 2 sold over 6 million copies after the initial 2.x million they sold on it's launch day. It's still in the charts even now so I don't understand people saying that the Halo games have no legs or falls flat after release.  Sure the numbers go down but lets face it any game that has a 2+ million opening day sales is going to experience a drop off.

BenKenobi88 said:
Ugh, it's not SSBM, or SSMB...

And, W29, I don't know why you think a majority of Wii owners won't be aware of SSBB. I'm pretty sure every one will know about it. And there's no confirmed online for the game yet either, so I wouldn't want your hopes to get crushed.

Sure tell me if its going to outsell Halo 3..which franchise is the biggest. Isn't it Halo? yea thats what I thought.

And wow I should of checked my research since I here alot Nintendo fans say the game is online on other gaming sites. So who to believe? Nintendo? Well they keep secrets and apparently their online isn't doing anything right now compared to Xbox Live. My hopes are low for this game. I never had hopes, why you say that? 

BenKenobi88 said:
Those are no jokes...Pikachu could kill Master Chief if he was wearing a cowboy hat.

Yeah in your dreams. Imagine Pikachu in the Halo universe, Master Chief will melee the hell out of him.....lol

W29 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Those are no jokes...Pikachu could kill Master Chief if he was wearing a cowboy hat.

Yeah in your dreams. Imagine Pikachu in the Halo universe, Master Chief will melee the hell out of him.....lol

Have you seen Pickachu's thunder attack? Lawlz, bye bye MC. Plus, Pikachu has that killer Agility attack that could evade anything MC shoots at him. In all seriousness, the destructive power individual pokemon would have if they existed in real life is ridiculous.

On Topic: To me, the Wii's eventual install base advantage will be a major advantage and lead to Brawl selling better than Halo 3. If the Wii were to sell 100 million consoles and SSBB had even a 15% attach rate, that's still 15 million copies sold. Even if the X360 sold 50 million consoles (yeah right), it'd still need double the attach rate to even equal SSBB.

The math in this argument is so simple that it's surprising people still try to argue against it.

W29 said:

Sure tell me if its going to outsell Halo 3..which franchise is the biggest. Isn't it Halo?

No, it's not.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)