By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor 5 wants to make Wii starwars game! Petition Anyone?

Factor 5 + Star Wars = Success.

Around the Network

Sure why the hell not. SIGNED.

fazz said:

i like ur formula 

EDIT:

i have to admit there have been some questionable starwars games, but NONE of the terrible ones have been made by Factor 5. IGN gave Rogue Squadron 2 a 9.1 for the gamecube.  

a.l.e.x59 said:
Star Wars is a good "movie" series, not a good "game" series. I don't want any more Star Wars games.

I'd argue that the original Lego Star Wars was better than the actual movies they were based on.  I also liked the SNES games, X-Wing, and TIE Fighter back in the day.  

flamevizier_34 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
A petition? Why do they need a damn petition? And after what they did with Lair motion controls, I thought people would be petitioning to keep them off of the Wii, or at least to be under some kind of supervision from Nintendo to get the motion controls down.

Im sorry ClaudeLv250 but, are u frekin retarded? Seriously im sorry but i couldnt withhold myself, arrogance just pisses me off.

Rogue Squadron 2 for the Gamecube, much like Metroid Prime was one of the most underappreciated but best games ever for its time. 3rd party developers 5 years into the gamecubes development cycle still havent been able to push the gamecube to that level of polish and prefection that factor 5 has done with rogue squadron 2. Its a god dam launch title and it looks better than most of last years gamecube games is what im trying to say.

Factor 5 may have slipped up on Lair, but regardless its still pretty awesome to look at (hold your thought i know what your gonna say, "but it plays like crap" i know wait). Factor 5 is alot like Retro Studios, both are perfectionists and experts at bringing the consoles true potential to the surface, and playing with all of its strengths. While Lair was pretty awesome and realistic, it had no control. (Admit it tho, when u saw Lair screens you were wishing you wore brown pants). Imagine what they could do on the Wii.

IMAGINE!

Dont believe me, look at the screens and reviews.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/165/165337p1.html

I'm "frekin retarded"? You're a moron. Your entire argument revolves around the glory days of past. Factor 5 needs to do a lot more than just say they want to make Wii games for them to be worthwhile, especially when Lair seems to be part of a downward spiral trend. All of their responses to the Lair debacle have been pointing fingers elsewhere rather than taking up issues with the game's flaws itself, because half-assed motion controls weren't Lair's only problems. It looks as if they're making NO effort to address gameplay design issues that plagued them all the way back on the GameCube. I see no reason to scoop them up onto the Wii bandwagon (where it's easier to mess up the controls) when they've shown no active will in attempting to fix, or at least address, the true issues that plagued Lair. Not until they get their act together.

This isn't even taking into account one of their brilliant ideas for a new Wii game are Rogue Squadron rehashes, most likely with waggle controls tacked on... 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

break it up fellas...no need for name calling. Sheesh.

Factor 5 up until Lair had a pretty damn good track record. Let's just blame it on PS3 hardware and move on haha. Jk but seriously.

Ahhh... do you remember the good ol' SNES Empire Strikes Back by... it was JVC? Or some dead company like that...

Zucas said:
Factor 5 up until Lair had a pretty damn good track record. Let's just blame it on PS3 hardware and move on haha. Jk but seriously.

And don't forget the ghosts.

flamevizier_34 said:
fazz said:

i like ur formula

EDIT:

i have to admit there have been some questionable starwars games, but NONE of the terrible ones have been made by Factor 5. IGN gave Rogue Squadron 2 a 9.1 for the gamecube.

Factor 5 + Star Wars USED TO = Success.

Rogue Squadron 3:  Rebel Strike for Gamecube was unacceptable, and a hint of where Lair was headed.  I would be watching a new Star Wars Factor 5 game VERY closely...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )