By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor 5 wants to make Wii starwars game! Petition Anyone?

Listen to IGN's Wii'K in Review podcast, they said if there is a petition, and there are a reasonable amount of people wanting it, (how vague is that?) they will make it. They said that they would even do a trilogy RS disk with updated content.

Heres the petition:

876+ signatures and growing rapidly. (Span of only a few days)

http://www.petitiononline.com/rqf5dev/petition.html

P.S. Factor 5 are responsible for gamecubes fantastic Rogue Squadron II and PS3's retina sizzling Lair. So sign it nintendo fanboys, you know u want to.

EDIT:

Someone below asked where i got this, or what podcast. Im sorry I was so vague, it was in IGN's Wii'K in Review Podcast, this is what they discussed.

Factor 5 discussion. Julian Eggebrecht is into Wii. Julian says that they would love to work on the Wii. If the opportunity came up they would do it in a heartbeat. Not against working with Nintendo on a title. Matt would love to see them do Pilotwings. Another Rogue Squadron is something Factor 5 would love to do. Pehaps a compilation, perhaps a new game. Start a petition if you want it this to happen.

SOURCE OF ARTICLE SUMMARY: http://gonintendo.com/?p=24604

SOURCE OF PODCAST PERTAINING TO SAID SUMMARY: http://wii.ign.com/articles/818/818845p1.html

Around the Network

What podcast do you speak of, and can you provide a link to it?

Sure why not. I love Star Wars and I'm getting a wii soon. Sign i shall

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

A petition? Why do they need a damn petition? And after what they did with Lair motion controls, I thought people would be petitioning to keep them off of the Wii, or at least to be under some kind of supervision from Nintendo to get the motion controls down.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Star Wars is a good "movie" series, not a good "game" series. I don't want any more Star Wars games.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
A petition? Why do they need a damn petition? And after what they did with Lair motion controls, I thought people would be petitioning to keep them off of the Wii, or at least to be under some kind of supervision from Nintendo to get the motion controls down.

Im sorry ClaudeLv250 but, are u frekin retarded? Seriously im sorry but i couldnt withhold myself, arrogance just pisses me off.

Rogue Squadron 2 for the Gamecube, much like Metroid Prime was one of the most underappreciated but best games ever for its time. 3rd party developers 5 years into the gamecubes development cycle still havent been able to push the gamecube to that level of polish and prefection that factor 5 has done with rogue squadron 2. Its a god dam launch title and it looks better than most of last years gamecube games is what im trying to say.

Factor 5 may have slipped up on Lair, but regardless its still pretty awesome to look at (hold your thought i know what your gonna say, "but it plays like crap" i know wait). Factor 5 is alot like Retro Studios, both are perfectionists and experts at bringing the consoles true potential to the surface, and playing with all of its strengths. While Lair was pretty awesome and realistic, it had no control. (Admit it tho, when u saw Lair screens you were wishing you wore brown pants). Imagine what they could do on the Wii.

IMAGINE!

Dont believe me, look at the screens and reviews.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/165/165337p1.html

heres the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/rqf5dev/petition.html

a.l.e.x59 said:
Star Wars is a good "movie" series, not a good "game" series. I don't want any more Star Wars games.

Actually StarWars Galaxies is restarting the whole game back with it's original gameplay before it went all WoWish. 

Galaxy was one of the best MMORPGs there was before the giant WoW attack on the genre. WoW is like a plague, needs to run it's course. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Oh, and wtf is with IGN's petition the world, first petition 2K for BioShock on the PS3 now this. I guess I should start a petition to have Sony buy out Bungie.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

a.l.e.x59 said:

Actually I'd rather play a lot of the games then watch the movies.

They allow us to see the Expanded Universe like Kyle Katurn in the Jedi Knight games, or KOTOR, or Rogue Squadron, or even Star Wars Galaxies.  Or LEGO Star Wars, or TIE Fighter.  You ask me, they are all amazing games. 

I don't understand what this petition is for...do you people even think online petitions work anyway?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )