By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor 5 wants to make Wii starwars game! Petition Anyone?

BenKenobi88 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Star Wars is a good "movie" series, not a good "game" series. I don't want any more Star Wars games.

Actually I'd rather play a lot of the games then watch the movies.

They allow us to see the Expanded Universe like Kyle Katurn in the Jedi Knight games, or KOTOR, or Rogue Squadron, or even Star Wars Galaxies.  Or LEGO Star Wars, or TIE Fighter.  You ask me, they are all amazing games. 

I don't understand what this petition is for...do you people even think online petitions work anyway?

Well that and a combination of 20,000 lbs. nuts and lots of phone calls help us bring back Jericho...oh and the two variety ads and press and making a CEO change her phone number not once but three times and filling up the voicemail for all of CBS and cluttering CSI Miami's message board.

So on second thought maybe they do maybe they don't I don't know anymore. 

Around the Network

I think TV shows are a bit different though. Easier to bring back a TV show if it'll bring the ratings up...not easy to make a 10 million dollar game based on any number of petition signers...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@BenKenobi88

-do petitions work?-

Well i'm pretty sure the author of the petition sends the list to the team, how they do it i don't know. Probably they go to their fan site and submit it, or ask some writer to pitch it to them. Usually when petitions get a large number of signatures, it gets press, which is seen by the teams. Game developers, believe it or not, read reviews online and check forums regulary to see what they did wrong and how they can improve their next game, not to mention see which games gamers want on certain consoles. Who's to say they also don't check up on petitions, because its a form of gamers interests? Worms Open Warfare 2 interview on IGN, they talk with the developers, who admitted that they read online reviews/petitions and such on why their game was so bad, and improved their games based on those reviews. It's too bad Factor 5 doesn't follow their lead and improve their games the same way. But the thing is they SAID if enough people are interested, they would try it, so....rabble rabble rabble

All aboard the Wii bandwagon! Still waiting for my lightsaber duel game.

signed...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Honestly, the best Factor Five Starwars game was the first one. They've gotten worse since then in my opinion. So eh....

a.l.e.x59 said:
Star Wars is a good "movie" series, not a good "game" series. I don't want any more Star Wars games.

Aw come on... a Star Wars Lightsaber game for the Wii would be amazing.

Wait didn't Factor 5 abandone Ninendo? Anyways maybe Factor 5 wouldn't be the right company to do a lightsaber game. The are probably stronger at the flying part. Bioware might be better suited imo.

factor 5 really sucks, i would sign a petition to have them disband. You think motion controls were bad for lair just wait until they make some crap game for the wii, not only did lair suffer from bad controls it suffered from a FPS that would drop below 5.

Sure, why not? Hopefully they will stay away from all things "foot based", and will spend more time in making motion controls that are practical rather than simply for the sack of using the new tech. I loved first and second Rogue Squadrons enough that I would certainly be willing to give them another chance at it.