By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

good...you'll be glad that u did....i bought it that first day it came out back in 96 and I usually beat it a few times a year because it is that good

P.S. Don't get frustrated and quit when u first get to the water temple

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network
Wii_R2_Hardcore said:
Ok, latest update.
I have finished the goron's dungeon. My impressions? Well, pretty good game so far. I hate the flying monsters. They are sometimes impossible to kill. (I don't know what am I doing wrong). The rest of the enemies are easy and the dungeon not so hard to figure out.
Something funny happened before entering that dungeon, I talked to the Gorons chief and played Zelda's song, he didn't liked. Then (since the chief and the guard hinted me about it) I played the song of the forest which I heard like on the next floor up. Navi kept on saying "what would the girl of green hair think of you saving hirule" and I got stuck. What to do? I checked the guided and turned that even though I was playing the tune right, I had to go to that forest meet the green haired girl and learn the song from her. Then, and only them the chief of the Gorons would like it and allow me to move on...
I dont like it in games when there's only one way to solve problems...
Anyway, so far is been good, maybe a little too hard, I don't know... Is difficult to have the right balance between challenge and joy
So, I went up to see that "leader of the fairies" in the death mountain but Link couldn't survive the heat for more that 13 seconds so I got out.
I saved at that point.
Another funny thing is that after one saves, next session will begin in Link's house. In TP if you saved right before openning the door of the dungeons boss, when loading you will appear at the beginning of the dungeon. No big deal.

Ok, will continue later. This may take a while, but I have finished long games, and I already can feel the "addiction" with this one.

See you next time

if your in a dungeon pretty sure when you load it starts you at the beginning of the dungeon not at links house.

also are you sure on the TP saving.  I don't recall where saves loaded, though i guess played in big spurts and never died so wouldn't really be loading and finding shit out like it loading right before the boss.

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:
Ok, latest update.
I have finished the goron's dungeon. My impressions? Well, pretty good game so far. I hate the flying monsters. They are sometimes impossible to kill. (I don't know what am I doing wrong). The rest of the enemies are easy and the dungeon not so hard to figure out.
Something funny happened before entering that dungeon, I talked to the Gorons chief and played Zelda's song, he didn't liked. Then (since the chief and the guard hinted me about it) I played the song of the forest which I heard like on the next floor up. Navi kept on saying "what would the girl of green hair think of you saving hirule" and I got stuck. What to do? I checked the guided and turned that even though I was playing the tune right, I had to go to that forest meet the green haired girl and learn the song from her. Then, and only them the chief of the Gorons would like it and allow me to move on...
I dont like it in games when there's only one way to solve problems...
Anyway, so far is been good, maybe a little too hard, I don't know... Is difficult to have the right balance between challenge and joy
So, I went up to see that "leader of the fairies" in the death mountain but Link couldn't survive the heat for more that 13 seconds so I got out.
I saved at that point.
Another funny thing is that after one saves, next session will begin in Link's house. In TP if you saved right before openning the door of the dungeons boss, when loading you will appear at the beginning of the dungeon. No big deal.

Ok, will continue later. This may take a while, but I have finished long games, and I already can feel the "addiction" with this one.

See you next time

Glad to see you are enjoying it.

The reason they made it so you have to go learn the song is probably to avoid any sequence breaking (if you knew the song right off the bat a lot of the game would be skipped).

When they said go to the fairy at death mountain, it's not really in death mountain, its at the very top entrance ( rather than going to goron village you take a left and continue up the mountain).

Tecmo said:
good...you'll be glad that u did....i bought it that first day it came out back in 98 and I usually beat it a few times a year because it is that good

P.S. Don't get frustrated and quit when u first get to the water temple

Fixed :p

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

see you in a few hours :d it's not a long game

Around the Network

Man, playing this game back in 98 was an unparalleled gaming experience for me. Only game that comes close to that feeling was the first time I played Mario 64. The game deserves all the praise its received.

Glad your enjoying it.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I just got OoT from the VC, great game so far.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I never really enjoyed any of the Zelda games on the 64. The only Zelda that I actually thoroughly enjoyed was the first one on the NES.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

Strange I thought that TP's water temple was a piece of cake compared to OoT's.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I passed the game with a strategy guide by my side over 10 years ago. I would never been able to pass it without a strategy guide, i would of got stuck in the early stages and not been able to figure out what to do to proceed in the game.