By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

c03n3nj0 said:
Well, good for you! It's a very good game.

Although, I haven't finished it either. I'm almost at the Water Temple thing, and I don't feel like starting it...

I hear the Water temple is a bitch.

The Water Temple boss is AWESOME!!!

But yeah it is one of the harder temples.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I never had a problem with the Water Temple...and the Lakebed Temple is no where near as challenging as the Water Temple could be (take that Soriku). I think it was the Spirit Temple that gave me some trouble.

Or maybe that one was Master Quest.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Yeah I need to finish this game sometime.

Guess how far I got when I played it? The Water Temple. I just got frustrated and gave up (I hate using FAQs). I'll do it eventually.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

I think the mid boss of the Water Temple is worth the trouble.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

after u finished OoT don't forget Zelda-Wind Waker, awesome game

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Around the Network

Ok, now I've got to the Hilia Lake and found the message in the bottle. I have a couple of comments so far...

I can see why Zelda games are the father of all the sandbox games. This game, and maybe the previous ones, are designed, to some extent, to get you lost. Why am I saying this?
1) right after getting out of the lake I ran into the owl and asked me ¿what are you doing? he offered me to take me back to Hirule casttle
2) since I refused I was able to find the bottle with the messade of the princess which had a PS asking "please dont tell my dad". I supposed I had to rescue her in those conditions and maybe build some connection with her, right? WRONG!
At that point I decided to save and come here. (Hey, I am not doing this that often. Right after this week, I may have the chance to play on saturdays a couple of hours and come here and update this blog, so please be patient). When I read the guide I see that you should ignore the princess PS and take the letter to the king of the Zoras.
The game is designed to get you lost, but there are only some specific actions that would allow you to move on with the story. Prior to that, I followed the Gorons king advice and climbed up the mountain to meet that fairy. But I couldn't do it because that really hot place. At that point I came back to the guide which told me to go to the Zora's domain.

Do gamers really want to get lost/stuck within the game? Is this why TP was thought to be a little more accecible to more people?

Now that I think about it I may be in a middle of an historical experiment of how the development of videogames has evolved.

See you guys later

LOL, I found it pretty obvious to TELL her dad after reading her message :p

Also, what fairy in Death Mountain are you talking about? Hot place? The one with the timer? hmm, ok, I'll give you a tip, since you're reading a guide I hope you won't mind:

The fairy at Death Mountain is NOT inside the cave (The hot place), she's just on a hidden wall just at the left of the cave. You need bombs.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

ha yea was about to tell him that the fairy was up there, also you have to remember that this is 1998. if someone tells you not to do something in the game, such as the zora girl saying don't tell my father. it is just the games way of telling you to do it.

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

Ok, now I've got to the Hilia Lake and found the message in the bottle. I have a couple of comments so far...

I can see why Zelda games are the father of all the sandbox games. This game, and maybe the previous ones, are designed, to some extent, to get you lost. Why am I saying this?
1) right after getting out of the lake I ran into the owl and asked me ¿what are you doing? he offered me to take me back to Hirule casttle
2) since I refused I was able to find the bottle with the messade of the princess which had a PS asking "please dont tell my dad". I supposed I had to rescue her in those conditions and maybe build some connection with her, right? WRONG!
At that point I decided to save and come here. (Hey, I am not doing this that often. Right after this week, I may have the chance to play on saturdays a couple of hours and come here and update this blog, so please be patient). When I read the guide I see that you should ignore the princess PS and take the letter to the king of the Zoras.
The game is designed to get you lost, but there are only some specific actions that would allow you to move on with the story. Prior to that, I followed the Gorons king advice and climbed up the mountain to meet that fairy. But I couldn't do it because that really hot place. At that point I came back to the guide which told me to go to the Zora's domain.

Do gamers really want to get lost/stuck within the game? Is this why TP was thought to be a little more accecible to more people?

Now that I think about it I may be in a middle of an historical experiment of how the development of videogames has evolved.

See you guys later

It may just be a reflex of seeing someone miss on so many things because I have played the game so many times but I wish to give you some advice. I won't give any spoilers as with regards to what but I advise you to heed my advice.

None of things I'm about to tell you are essential (at least until you are 5 temples into the game where you will NEED these things) so feel free to disregard me.

At the top of death mountain to the LEFT of the entrance to the crater is the place he was refering to. Blow it open with bombs. Use the owl to fly back down and you will find yourself on a roof, jump down onto a ledge and go inside the hole. Proceed to go back to Hyrule castle and find the area with the sign 'dead end' and blow it open with bombs. Finally if you haven't already go to the Lon Lon ranch and learn Epona's song. 

As I've already said none of that is essential now but it will help you greatly in the short as well as the long run if you do it now. Also you are about to enter the most difficult dungeon so far in the game and it may be best for your sake if you at least have a walkthrough on standby.

Glad you're enjoying the game so far. It's truly a great game.

When you save, save inside the entrance of a dungeon. You'll start off inside the dungeon. If you don't, you'll start off near the entrance of whatever village you're in (or Link's house if you're in Kokiri village).

It's fun to get lost for a little while and figure it out. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment when you solve hard puzzles on your own. Don't give up!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light