By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

c03n3nj0 said:
Well, good for you! It's a very good game.

Although, I haven't finished it either. I'm almost at the Water Temple thing, and I don't feel like starting it...

I hear the Water temple is a bitch.

Oh that it is. I cried way back when I attempted at clearing the water temple. That was before online guides and everything so it shouldn't be as bad now.

Around the Network

I haven't played that game in almost ten years.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Every self-respecting gamer should play this at some point, you should enjoy though

As for the graphics, it was 1998, cut the poor thing some slack

A great decision! Give yourself time to figure stuff out, don't turn to the guide every time you get stuck. Link doesn't have a guide... . You'll love the music (especially the Bolero of Fire) and the story as you progress.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

And do yourself a favour not to read through all of the replies in this thread (you're bound to read spoilers).

Now finish the game already!

Around the Network

Oh and Link doesn't talk (minus the grunts he makes). That's Navi you're hearing.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Soriku said:
c03n3nj0 said:
Well, good for you! It's a very good game.

Although, I haven't finished it either. I'm almost at the Water Temple thing, and I don't feel like starting it...

I hear the Water temple is a bitch.

The Water Temple isn't as bad as TP's IMO...

Either you haven't played both games or this is a joke post. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Ok, latest update.

I have finished the goron's dungeon. My impressions? Well, pretty good game so far. I hate the flying monsters. They are sometimes impossible to kill. (I don't know what am I doing wrong). The rest of the enemies are easy and the dungeon not so hard to figure out.
Something funny happened before entering that dungeon, I talked to the Gorons chief and played Zelda's song, he didn't liked.

Then (since the chief and the guard hinted me about it) I played the song of the forest which I heard like on the next floor up. Navi kept on saying "what would the girl of green hair think of you saving hirule" and I got stuck. What to do? I checked the guided and turned that even though I was playing the tune right, I had to go to that forest meet the green haired girl and learn the song from her. Then, and only them the chief of the Gorons would like it and allow me to move on...

I dont like it in games when there's only one way to solve problems...
Anyway, so far is been good, maybe a little too hard, I don't know... Is difficult to have the right balance between challenge and joy
So, I went up to see that "leader of the fairies" in the death mountain but Link couldn't survive the heat for more that 13 seconds so I got out.
I saved at that point.

Another funny thing is that after one saves, next session will begin in Link's house. In TP if you saved right before openning the door of the dungeons boss, when loading you will appear at the beginning of the dungeon. No big deal.

Ok, will continue later. This may take a while, but I have finished long games, and I already can feel the "addiction" with this one.

See you next time

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:
Ok, latest update.
I have finished the goron's dungeon. My impressions? Well, pretty good game so far. I hate the flying monsters. They are sometimes impossible to kill. (I don't know what am I doing wrong). The rest of the enemies are easy and the dungeon not so hard to figure out.
Something funny happened before entering that dungeon, I talked to the Gorons chief and played Zelda's song, he didn't liked. Then (since the chief and the guard hinted me about it) I played the song of the forest which I heard like on the next floor up. Navi kept on saying "what would the girl of green hair think of you saving hirule" and I got stuck. What to do? I checked the guided and turned that even though I was playing the tune right, I had to go to that forest meet the green haired girl and learn the song from her. Then, and only them the chief of the Gorons would like it and allow me to move on...
I dont like it in games when there's only one way to solve problems...
Anyway, so far is been good, maybe a little too hard, I don't know... Is difficult to have the right balance between challenge and joy
So, I went up to see that "leader of the fairies" in the death mountain but Link couldn't survive the heat for more that 13 seconds so I got out.
I saved at that point.
Another funny thing is that after one saves, next session will begin in Link's house. In TP if you saved right before openning the door of the dungeons boss, when loading you will appear at the beginning of the dungeon. No big deal.

Ok, will continue later. This may take a while, but I have finished long games, and I already can feel the "addiction" with this one.

See you next time

Glad you're enjoing it so far!

Although I don't remember it taking me bak to Link's house... weird...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Good thing you're liking it. For the flying enemies try using the slingshot, or the boomerang when you get it.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069