By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 107k- Lair 92k/ STRANGE numbers

kber81 said:
joedamico said:

roffles. INTERNET POLLS FTW!!!!

that means jack shit.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust to polls. Especially I wouldn't trust to PS3 owners who want buy Warhawk... We should ask Xbots... What's your point? This is poll. You have nothing to claim it's untrue so leave it and try to secure good ventylation for your box... You expect this figures to be lower to feel better? Don't cry...

Seriously, you can't see the obvious flaws in using an internet poll to glean sales data for this game? 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
kber81 said:
joedamico said:

that means jack shit.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust to polls. Especially I wouldn't trust to PS3 owners who want buy Warhawk... We should ask Xbots... What's your point? This is poll. You have nothing to claim it's untrue so leave it and try to secure good ventylation for your box... You expect this figures to be lower to feel better? Don't cry...

Seriously, you can't see the obvious flaws in using an internet poll to glean sales data for this game? 

Shhh!

Don't tell him that people who surf the internet and take part in internet polls are dramatically more likely to buy a videogame and download it on the internet.

Personally, I'm not going to guess a percentage but a lot of the people I know still don't download music from iTunes (or other questionable sources) and still buy their music in B&M stores on CD because they don't trust internet distribution.

sieanr said:

How many people bought downloadable version? Give me a number/percent... or all you can do is bitching?

joedamico said:
kber81 said:
joedamico said:

that means jack shit.

How are those "4D GRAPHIXXX" workin out for you?  

Calm down Fanboy...

As for the Internet polls, similar ones were made on different gaming forums across the net, some showing a surprising level of consistency. About 30-50% seemed to crop up everywhere, making an average.

Reasons for the high download numbers: Many gamers already owned headset's, many were not willing to wait for the retail version to arrive, and many simply did not have the extra 20 dollars for the retail version.

All good reasons as to why the download numbers were high. Also reading many threads made on Warhawk, large numbers of posters were saying how they had waited until midnight to download it etc.

Of course, to give a figure or percentage for the downloads is specualtion, but it's working with the all the available information.

So why dont you let us use that figure/percentage until you can prove otherwise.

kber81 said:
sieanr said:

How many people bought downloadable version? Give me a number/percent... or all you can is bitching? 

Sorry that I bitch about bullshit numbers. It must have to do with lacking balls and all, right?

But its funny since you can't give a number or percent either. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
kber81 said:
sieanr said:

How many people bought downloadable version? Give me a number/percent... or all you can is bitching? 

Sorry that I bitch about bullshit numbers. It must have to do with lacking balls and all, right?

sieanr said:

Read this thread once again and go back to your pets...

Considering the game was sold out all over the place, people might then buy it from the PSN, the game is not out on blu-ray in any other places except NA, so anyone who wants it right now would be forced to buy it off PSN.

kber81 said:
sieanr said:

Read this thread once again and go back to your pets...

I have pets?

Apostrovich said:

Hey, if Warhawk is already at 107k disc sales, then I would expect at least a quarter that for the exact same game, twenty dollars cheaper, that you don't even have to leave your house to get. Also it hasn't even been out a full week. 30k would be a fair estimate in my book. It's not like anyone's saying that downloads will triple store sales.

@joedamico If you want to disagree with the only piece of available evidence from which to draw conclusions, that's your problem. Find some evidence of your own.

dude it doesnt matter on this site man i could say warhawk had only 10% download sales and people on here would still try to refute it just because its the ps3..

i know plenty of people who didnt want for the stores to restock and got it download only

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732