By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 107k- Lair 92k/ STRANGE numbers

Lair is bad, I just stupidly played it I lent him warhawk(what was I nuts?) yesterday and lair controls are bad, when your fighitn or flying over the soldiers the framerate drops like a rock.Why is it 30fps? 60fps would have made the game alot better.

mM
Around the Network
ckmlb said:
footbag said:
ANyone with a PS3 has got to be desperate at this point. I would expect these titles to sell well despite their ratings.

For a multiplayer only game to outsell the much hyped Lair says more about Warhawk then it does Lair.

Yeah man that Warhawk sure has gotten bad reviews.

Oh wait...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928383.asp?q=warhawk

84%

Um ... me thinks you misunderstood footbag. He was complementing Warhawk.

HappySqurriel said:
MikeB said:
@ HappySqurriel

After hearing for months how these games would be better than anything the XBox 360 or Wii would have, and how everyone would buy a PS3 just to play these games, one would expect that the PS3 would have sold over 100,000 units the week when both of them launched. Wait, you mean they were overhyped like EVERY PS3 game so far?

I think you may be mixing things up a little. Sony doesn't have exclusivity on "great games", however it's by far the most powerful platform, meaning eventually you will see complex games which simply cannot be done with identical quality on neither Wii nor XBox 360.

Lair seems pretty unique though, if you are interested in such a game PS3 lair is currently the only option. Even the most resembling games like Eragon (PS2) and Warhawk (PS3) are very different if compared to the gaming experience Lair provides. I wouldn't be surprised quite a few people will love the experience, likewise playing Madded, Tiger Woods, Gears of War, Brain Training, Super Ruba-Dub, etc isn't everyone's piece of cake while others would love it. My girlfriend for example dislikes all FPS games, but Lair looks far more interesting to her (But Warhawk isn't her type of game).

I think you missed my point ...

Since Lair, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword were announced I have heard dozens of Sony Fanboys hype these games as "AAA" quality games that would be better and sell better than any game on the XBox 360 or Wii; any suggestion that these games could end up only being good or that their sales may not be exceptional was met with constant bashing from the Sony fans.

These games have now been released and are (at best) above average and their less than steller reputations will lead to them having limited sales; to what extent do you believe that Sony fans will own up to hyping these games? Do you expect people to admit that sales were disapointing or are they going to claim (as they did with Gundam Musou) that no one expected these games to sell well?

This generation Sony Fanboys don't bash, they defend, they have to with people like you around ;).  Last generation Sony Fanboys were arrogant pricks.  You know, I see something happening in the console world that seems to be happening everywhere.  The underdog must always be supported until they win, then they are the devil.  Same with Sony, and either one or two generations from now it will be Nintendo's turn to be labelled the root of all evil.  

Where are you kids getting this 30% to 40% of warhawk sales are online? Either you're pulling it out of thin air without any sources and wishful thinking, or I missed a news article. I'm betting its the first case.

joedamico said:
Where are you kids getting this 30% to 40% of warhawk sales are online? Either you're pulling it out of thin air without any sources and wishful thinking, or I missed a news article. I'm betting its the first case.

http://poll.pollcode.com/F6S5_result

Around the Network
kber81 said:
joedamico said:

http://poll.pollcode.com/F6S5_result

roffles.  INTERNET POLLS FTW!!!!

that means jack shit. 

joedamico said:

roffles. INTERNET POLLS FTW!!!!

that means jack shit.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust to polls. Especially I wouldn't trust to PS3 owners who want buy Warhawk... We should ask Xbots... What's your point? This is poll. You have nothing to claim it's untrue so leave it and try to secure good ventylation for your box... You expect this figures to be lower to feel better? Don't cry...

kber81 said:
joedamico said:

roffles. INTERNET POLLS FTW!!!!

that means jack shit.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust to polls. Especially I wouldn't trust to PS3 owners who want buy Warhawk... We should ask Xbots... What's your point? This is poll. You have nothing to claim it's untrue so leave it and try to secure good ventylation for your box... You expect this figures to be lower to feel better? Don't cry...

How are those "4D GRAPHIXXX" workin out for you?  

Hey, if Warhawk is already at 107k disc sales, then I would expect at least a quarter that for the exact same game, twenty dollars cheaper, that you don't even have to leave your house to get. Also it hasn't even been out a full week. 30k would be a fair estimate in my book. It's not like anyone's saying that downloads will triple store sales.

@joedamico If you want to disagree with the only piece of available evidence from which to draw conclusions, that's your problem. Find some evidence of your own.

footbag said:
ANyone with a PS3 has got to be desperate at this point. I would expect these titles to sell well despite their ratings.

For a multiplayer only game to outsell the much hyped Lair says more about Warhawk then it does Lair.

LOL Completely clueless. Remember not everyone looks at reviews before buying games, infact many don't. Also, The PS3 has a few quality titles on it's platform so I don't get the constant negative bitch from certain people.

Also, no one with intelligence hailed Lair as the PS3's saviour. Many thought it would be alot better then it was. But saviour? Nice hyperbole to try and stick it to Sony fans. If anything, MGS4 is getting overhyped since everyone is raving about it. Lair always had it's doubters, it's just the graphics pulled many in. A IGN poll 4mths ago had 72% of users there expecting this game to be the biggest dissapoint exclusive from Sony this year.

MS and Nintendo fans are taking the Lair thing too far. They are exaggerating the situation to try and maximize the attention to it.