By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 107k- Lair 92k/ STRANGE numbers

Yeah, I have to say, if I wanted Warhawk, and I went to the store to buy it and they were sold out, I'd totally just go ahead and download it. As it is I'm probably going to get the disc, mostly because I don't have a headset yet.

Around the Network

1). i got the warhawk disc pretty much the second it hit stores, when i first got on 30 minutes later, there was around 24k users. now, sicne there's a 1 hour tiemzone infrotn of me, i think we can safely say around 20k people bought warhawk online on day 1, 15k minimum. we can probably expect the exact same thing in the uk, which has the downlaodable version but no disc yet. so 30-40k seems reasonable. [there were also some unconfirmed reports of warhawk selling out, but lets not bother with those]

2). LAIR hit stores on the 30th(my store got it on the 31st), this results page supposedly ends on the 1st of september. so lair sold almost 100k in 1-2 days? I think every game review site was just neutered...

The thing is that we will never know exact WarHawk sales numbers (online + bluray) until Sony tell us. It is impossible for anyone to know how many WarHawks were sold through online, unleas they are Sony.

LAIR will sell easly 400-500k in 10 weeks. Same goes for Heavenly Sword. Only small percentage of people care and read reviews.

Im expectiong heavenly sword and warhawk to be the next best selling games on the system! :D

mM

That amount of sales for both games is good, especially as that isn't a full week, and as many people have said, no one knows the amount of download sales, so I fail to see the problem. And I'm personally waiting for the retail version (I don't have a headset), and that doesn't come out for nealry 2 weeks!

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

Has anyone else seen that preview for that dragon movie that comes out on like the 16th? Dragon Wars or whatever? Anybody think that might impact sales for Lair? I mean, you can watch the previews and it's almost like a commercial for the game.

Which by the way I have never seen.....commercials for Lair, I mean. 

SECOND WEEK SALES:
LAIR-56.851
WARHAWK-45.864

Very strong sales even in second week, especially in LAIR case. Warhawk probably sells a lot through online. I would guess +15k-20k online purchase.

Globox82 said:

Wow warhawk had so many possitive and great reviews and it sold 107k, while LAIR horrible reviews and it sold almost as good as Warhawk!?! 92k

Unleass WarHawk number only include Blue Ray version but that is hard to belive.

On latest chart i noticed that Lair and Warhawk numbers seemed different. Like they were smaller. So i went back two weeks when games were released to check numbers and yes numbers have been changed.

Two weeks ago debue numbers were WarHawk 107k- now changed to 69k      

Two weeks ago Lair numbers were 92k- now changed to 73k

Strange. 

Globox82 said:
Globox82 said:

Wow warhawk had so many possitive and great reviews and it sold 107k, while LAIR horrible reviews and it sold almost as good as Warhawk!?! 92k

Unleass WarHawk number only include Blue Ray version but that is hard to belive.

On latest chart i noticed that Lair and Warhawk numbers seemed different. Like they were smaller. So i went back two weeks when games were released to check numbers and yes numbers have been changed.

Two weeks ago debue numbers were WarHawk 107k- now changed to 69k

Two weeks ago Lair numbers were 92k- now changed to 73k

Strange.

They were adjusted for the new NPD figures.

NPD hasnt given any data for september and in their August data....LAIR and Warhawk appeared in the Top20 with only 2 and 3 days out....ioi adjustement doesnt seem correct to me...

by the way Sony announced they sold 150k online warhawk in PSU.com....