By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Smeags said:
Ari_Gold said:

I own the ps2 version, and i also played the wii one. I can't figure out how you would think the wii controls are better, they're frustrating, and the game is over 40 hours long, so i can't recommend it enough. The colors in the ps2 version looks more vivid, plus the grain filter makes it so sexy.

PS2 version all the way. But hey you can't do wrong pickin up Okami. Support the game.

That really makes no sense, seeing as the grain filter gives Okami (PS2) a more washed out look (therefore being more in line with the art style). The Wii version has much more vivid colors due to the lack of the said filter (Well, it's still there, but it's not as noticable).

I didn't realize how many effects the PS2 version lacked... honestly I can see how people could like the rice grain filter but I like the vibrant colors more then a grain filter that was put there to cover up the lack of the PS2's power.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
I bought it for $21 a few weeks ago, but I've been busy, so my little sister is playing it.

All I did was get past the 25-minute intro, which was a turn off. I'll get back to it, but I still got Baten Kaitos Origins to finish.

Unlike the PS2 version on Wii you can skip cutscenes.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Smeags said:
Ari_Gold said:

I own the ps2 version, and i also played the wii one. I can't figure out how you would think the wii controls are better, they're frustrating, and the game is over 40 hours long, so i can't recommend it enough. The colors in the ps2 version looks more vivid, plus the grain filter makes it so sexy.

PS2 version all the way. But hey you can't do wrong pickin up Okami. Support the game.

That really makes no sense, seeing as the grain filter gives Okami (PS2) a more washed out look (therefore being more in line with the art style). The Wii version has much more vivid colors due to the lack of the said filter (Well, it's still there, but it's not as noticable).

I didn't realize how many effects the PS2 version lacked... honestly I can see how people could like the rice grain filter but I like the vibrant colors more then a grain filter that was put there to cover up the lack of the PS2's power.

Me neither, man the PS2 version looks so washed out and dull in comparison, it's unbelievable. :o

And clearly Ari_Gold was talking out of his behind. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Smeags said:
Ari_Gold said:

Me neither, man the PS2 version looks so washed out and dull in comparison, it's unbelievable. :o

And clearly Ari_Gold was talking out of his behind. :p

And Wii version supports widescreen and 480p, so I think i'll go with the Wii version.

Hey, you're forgetting one major Okami fan out here, "ME"!
Second best game on the Wii with a pathetic low amount of sales thanks to morrons who don't buy this game. Feel offended? Good, now get your butt to the store or behind the Internet to get your version asap. You'll have gratitude for eternity from Capcom and Readyatdawn.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

I own Okami for both PS2 and Wii. I absolutely adore both versions. I love the rice paper effects for the PS2 version and the vivid colours of the Wii version. I still haven't finished the Wii version (currently in Yoshpet).

My only problems with the Wii version are all down to the fact that it's been ported by a team who obviously aren't as good as the genius developers at Clover (now Platinum). They've made some odd decisions that have made the game more cumbersome than it needs to be. Fleetfoot is a good example: why not just combine the nunchuk shake with holding a direction on the analogue stick, rather than use directional shake on the nunchuk? The shake controls for combat with reflectors or glaives could also have been improved with better visual cues to help you get the timing right.

Finally, they obviously needed to do more testing of the Power Slash brush technique as the number of times it fails is just frustrating. That's probably all down to the fact that it's easy to draw a straight line with an analogue stick, but quite difficult to do the same with a free hand pointer. They knew this (hence the 'straight line' button for drawing), but their solution just wasn't good enough.

I should say that all of these control issues are easily overcome with enough practice.

The only absolutely hateful thing about the game (both PS2 and Wii versions) is that damn Grande Blockhead in Kamui. He's an excercise in bad game design. Why create a spatial memory based task that totally exceeds the known capabilities of typical human spatial memory? Bastards!!!!

Beautiful game, but I got bored after 7 hours of play.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

docr said:
I own Okami for both PS2 and Wii. I absolutely adore both versions. I love the rice paper effects for the PS2 version and the vivid colours of the Wii version. I still haven't finished the Wii version (currently in Yoshpet).

My only problems with the Wii version are all down to the fact that it's been ported by a team who obviously aren't as good as the genius developers at Clover (now Platinum). They've made some odd decisions that have made the game more cumbersome than it needs to be. Fleetfoot is a good example: why not just combine the nunchuk shake with holding a direction on the analogue stick, rather than use directional shake on the nunchuk? The shake controls for combat with reflectors or glaives could also have been improved with better visual cues to help you get the timing right.

Finally, they obviously needed to do more testing of the Power Slash brush technique as the number of times it fails is just frustrating. That's probably all down to the fact that it's easy to draw a straight line with an analogue stick, but quite difficult to do the same with a free hand pointer. They knew this (hence the 'straight line' button for drawing), but their solution just wasn't good enough.

I should say that all of these control issues are easily overcome with enough practice.

The only absolutely hateful thing about the game (both PS2 and Wii versions) is that damn Grande Blockhead in Kamui. He's an excercise in bad game design. Why create a spatial memory based task that totally exceeds the known capabilities of typical human spatial memory? Bastards!!!!

I had no problem with the power slash at all.... Well, I did early on before I remembered the straight line button (I was doing it really slowly freehand)

Also, I am not totally sure which blockhead you mean.... I found all the ones in the story relatively simple (taking maybe 3-4 tries to get it right)
The ones I hate are the 2 that I found (so far, there may be more) underground.... they are way too complicated.

Imported it since it didn't have any translations. Would have liked an option to add a stronger filter+bloom to make it look like the PS2, but prefer the Wii colours. The ending credits missing was also a shame, although you can watch it online whenever you feel like it. No problems with IR, a little with the motion combos.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TWRoO said:
docr said:

I had no problem with the power slash at all.... Well, I did early on before I remembered the straight line button (I was doing it really slowly freehand)

Also, I am not totally sure which blockhead you mean.... I found all the ones in the story relatively simple (taking maybe 3-4 tries to get it right)
The ones I hate are the 2 that I found (so far, there may be more) underground.... they are way too complicated.

I find that, with the straight line button, I still end up getting kinks in the line.  I usually do it free hand, which tends to work fine until I try to catch the marlin whilst fishing.  Ended up repeating the Power Slash sequence in the Orochi fight many times too.

And yes, I mean the Blockhead underground in Kamui.  He has 8 or 9 weak spots which, considering you have to hit them in order, breaks the known psychological limits on spatial memory.  If anyone has any hints I'd greatly appreciate it.