By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryudo said:
SaviorX said:
I bought it for $21 a few weeks ago, but I've been busy, so my little sister is playing it.

All I did was get past the 25-minute intro, which was a turn off. I'll get back to it, but I still got Baten Kaitos Origins to finish.

Unlike the PS2 version on Wii you can skip cutscenes.

Yea, but I need that to explain the story.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

This idiot still hasn't played it yet sadly.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

This game is truly a remarkable gem, and I really hope that it will continue to have legs as long as the Wi lives - it deserves to do much better..

It is probably the best "Zelda Clone" I've played along with Beond Good and Evil..

In regards to the PS2 Vs. the Wii version, I would have to say Wii all the way - the graphics are a bit nicer and more crips and clear overall, and as must users have pointed out - the IR pointing for the brush really should settle this debate..

One of my onlye points of crittic for the game is, that since it's such a big game, it does feel quite stale at some points - and the gameplay could have used a lot more variation - like in the Zelda titles..

But overall it's a fantastic game - but I still won't say that it beats Twilight princess..

I really like that game. I'm about twenty hours in, I just don't find as much time to play it as I'd like. But anyways, I'd call it the best third-party game I've ever played, beside some RPG's maybe.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

docr said:
TWRoO said:
docr said:
I own Okami for both PS2 and Wii. I absolutely adore both versions. I love the rice paper effects for the PS2 version and the vivid colours of the Wii version. I still haven't finished the Wii version (currently in Yoshpet).

My only problems with the Wii version are all down to the fact that it's been ported by a team who obviously aren't as good as the genius developers at Clover (now Platinum). They've made some odd decisions that have made the game more cumbersome than it needs to be. Fleetfoot is a good example: why not just combine the nunchuk shake with holding a direction on the analogue stick, rather than use directional shake on the nunchuk? The shake controls for combat with reflectors or glaives could also have been improved with better visual cues to help you get the timing right.

Finally, they obviously needed to do more testing of the Power Slash brush technique as the number of times it fails is just frustrating. That's probably all down to the fact that it's easy to draw a straight line with an analogue stick, but quite difficult to do the same with a free hand pointer. They knew this (hence the 'straight line' button for drawing), but their solution just wasn't good enough.

I should say that all of these control issues are easily overcome with enough practice.

The only absolutely hateful thing about the game (both PS2 and Wii versions) is that damn Grande Blockhead in Kamui. He's an excercise in bad game design. Why create a spatial memory based task that totally exceeds the known capabilities of typical human spatial memory? Bastards!!!!

I had no problem with the power slash at all.... Well, I did early on before I remembered the straight line button (I was doing it really slowly freehand)

Also, I am not totally sure which blockhead you mean.... I found all the ones in the story relatively simple (taking maybe 3-4 tries to get it right)
The ones I hate are the 2 that I found (so far, there may be more) underground.... they are way too complicated.

I find that, with the straight line button, I still end up getting kinks in the line.  I usually do it free hand, which tends to work fine until I try to catch the marlin whilst fishing.  Ended up repeating the Power Slash sequence in the Orochi fight many times too.

And yes, I mean the Blockhead underground in Kamui.  He has 8 or 9 weak spots which, considering you have to hit them in order, breaks the known psychological limits on spatial memory.  If anyone has any hints I'd greatly appreciate it.

Well there is another blockhead underground if you go to one of the islands in North Ryoshima.... And although I remember finding 2 underground ones, I don't quite remember where the second one I found is... it could have been Kamui but I am not sure, so there might be 3 of them.

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:

I really like that game. I'm about twenty hours in, I just don't find as much time to play it as I'd like. But anyways, I'd call it the best third-party game I've ever played, beside some RPG's maybe.

Best third-party game you have ever played?

LMAO That's very funny. What does it being third-party have to do with anything?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

TWRoO said:
docr said:

I find that, with the straight line button, I still end up getting kinks in the line.  I usually do it free hand, which tends to work fine until I try to catch the marlin whilst fishing.  Ended up repeating the Power Slash sequence in the Orochi fight many times too.

And yes, I mean the Blockhead underground in Kamui.  He has 8 or 9 weak spots which, considering you have to hit them in order, breaks the known psychological limits on spatial memory.  If anyone has any hints I'd greatly appreciate it.

Well there is another blockhead underground if you go to one of the islands in North Ryoshima.... And although I remember finding 2 underground ones, I don't quite remember where the second one I found is... it could have been Kamui but I am not sure, so there might be 3 of them.

There is a fourth one, and it's in Kusa Village.  He's at the end of a wooden bridge that's above the path outside of the temple, I think.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Riot Of The Blood said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Best third-party game you have ever played?

LMAO That's very funny. What does it being third-party have to do with anything?

This is a statement, and it is as good as any others. I could also have said it probably ranks amongst the top 15 games I have ever played, but I thought that isn't as impressive so I decided to write the other thing.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

docr said:

Really?! Well I feel better about failing 20 times in a row and getting pissed as hell. I actually broke down and just used a digital camera with an LCD screen to cheat after I came to the conclusion that I couldn't get it through actual memory or dumb luck. I recorded the order on the camera, then just kept the brush screen on and didn't paint anything while I replayed what I just recorded. Even using a camera it took two damn tries to finally beat his ass. =P

Anyone know when is the last day for the buy 2 get 1 free in Target? I want to buy this game alongside with Lego Star Wars