By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ari_Gold said:

I own the ps2 version, and i also played the wii one. I can't figure out how you would think the wii controls are better, they're frustrating, and the game is over 40 hours long, so i can't recommend it enough. The colors in the ps2 version looks more vivid, plus the grain filter makes it so sexy.

PS2 version all the way. But hey you can't do wrong pickin up Okami. Support the game.

I can't believe you played Okami on tha Wii. I have both too.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:

I own the ps2 version, and i also played the wii one. I can't figure out how you would think the wii controls are better, they're frustrating, and the game is over 40 hours long, so i can't recommend it enough. The colors in the ps2 version looks more vivid, plus the grain filter makes it so sexy.

PS2 version all the way. But hey you can't do wrong pickin up Okami. Support the game.

That really makes no sense, seeing as the grain filter gives Okami (PS2) a more washed out look (therefore being more in line with the art style). The Wii version has much more vivid colors due to the lack of the said filter (Well, it's still there, but it's not as noticable).

I now remembered what fleetfoot is... I was geting it mixed up with the speeding up bit of the running (the 3 stages of speed)

I agree it wasn't very useful.... left and right is easy enough to distinguish but back and forth were not... I presume you could go in more directions on the PS2.

@Ari-Gold... I can't imagine how annoying drawing with a control stick would be, I suppose circles you could get used to doing quickly, but something like the whirlwind (3 horizontal lines) I can imagine being very tedious.

The only ability I had any problem with was the last one I found (not until nearing the end of my second playthrough) which is the lightning bolt... although I felt I was getting better as I used it more.

Wii owners that skipped out on this game or are waiting for it to hit the $10 bin are tards. It's a great game and right now great games on the Wii are few and far between so why not get the good ones? People are so frikkin cheap. Seeing games like this, NMH, Z&W selloing so poorly is strange. 15 years ago these would be the games that sold the most, now people are all hot and heavy for the next grey/brown generic FPS to come out so they can hop out and buy it on launch day for $60.

noname2200 said:
Kenology said:

The two biggest self-proclaimed Okami here fans are MontanaHatchet and RolStoppable - but lot'sa people love it. Also, Okami Wii sold up to expectations.

You forgot appolose, who currently holds the speed run record.

And yeah, it's a fantastic game that, unfortunately, has sold poorly despite having two chances (once on the PS2, once on the Wii). It's one of those great games that just slips through the cracks, I'm afraid.

Why thank you, noname!

Yeah, Okami is an awesome, awesome game.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

I had issue's with Wii's controls at first but after an hour it was never an issue again for me personally.

Okami on the Wii is the better version imo. Absolutely had no problems with either the controls nor the graphics compared to the ps2 version. Maybe i just had a lucky shot when i first tried dishing out the moves in the game.

It's a shame that this game hadn't sold the gazillion copies that it deserved to, but at least we free to bash anyone who didn't buy this title. No questions about it, on e of the better pieces of electronic entertainment out there.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

I have it, turned it on once played it for 2 hours and never touched it again. The controls are horrible and the stupid rice paper softening effect ruined it for me. It's so damn blurry that it's unplayable.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Ari_Gold said:
noname2200 said:
Strife91 said:
Btw Should I get it for Wii or PS2?

Wii, easily: the rice grain filter is a little less pronounced, and you basically lose out on the (unnecessary) Fleetfoot ability, but in exchange your brushwork is much faster to pull off. Considering how you'll be using the brush a LOT...

Wii version, all the way.

I suppose I should correct myself.

"but in exchange your brushwork is much faster to pull off, assuming you have even the most basic of motor skills, i.e. you don't have cerebral palsey. Considering how you'll be using the brush a LOT..."

Better?

Although I'll give you the filter part. I like them both, but the PS2 version's rice filter gave it extra oomph, so I prefer that one myself. But not by much, and certainly not by enough to sacrifice the increased brush speed.

The only sticking point i had with the Wii version of Okami was with the first set of weapons: the reflectors. It took me a while to work out the motion for that so i could actually do it on demand. the Beads and the Glaives were much easier to pull off.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.