By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SD Cards to become the new game medium of choice?

Na, doubt it highly. USB Flash has a LONG LONG way to go with USB 3.0 being released.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

don't think they'd do it due to the higher cost of the media, sure, a class6 would be sweet for it, but, not that practical in production price. besides, HVD is probably going to take over in the future.

Don't forget about SDXC, too: 2 To, 100 Mo/second, anyone?

http://thefutureofthings.com/video/6340/sdxc-format.html

THAT is the future, the actual SD and SDHC are only the first baby steps... that thing and its future improvements will kill any other format currently available...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Those are going to be quiet expensive so not very practical =X.

... and that kids is why the N-Gage was ahead of its time.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

not a good idea. kids can swallow those things

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

i always dreamed this would happen. However I would like to see it in a next gen system. I am not sure exactly how well Wii's SD reader works, but if it could manage launching full games of it without hickups I wouldn't mind it.

Cobretti2 said:
i always dreamed this would happen. However I would like to see it in a next gen system. I am not sure exactly how well Wii's SD reader works, but if it could manage launching full games of it without hickups I wouldn't mind it

this.

No, it's too expensive and will probably will remain too expensive for quite a while.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It's not too expensive
Some years ago a 1GB SD card costed 20€, now a 8Gb SD costs 20€

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda