By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GTA Chinatown Wars a confimred flop.

Sarcasm aside, those are excellent sales for a mature third-party DS game at launch. Helps that the game is amazing, too.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network

DS games don't usually sell like console games. They don't sell in huge bursts and then have their sales slow down; they have legs that provide growth over time.

YES. Flop confirmed. IT did not sell the trizillion copies that Dr. Evil predicted

What do you expect when you dont put in any advertisements for it on tv??/

Sales or not the game is good you can just troll however you want, in my opinion GTA IV was a flop its fucking boring, and the sales are just crazy.

Around the Network

Wake me up when it outsells the 2.93 million that Vice City Stories sold on PSP. Anyone heard of Rip Van Winkle?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

it did good sales =/

the only game that sells a lot in its first day is pokemon

vice city Stories sold 65k the frist week and it went on to sell 2.93m
so i dont think its a flop

This thread is EPIC!!
Yea i thought with all the children and women who own DSs would love this game and buy em like hot cakes!!

Joke post, right?

The DS version debuted at around half the sales of the PSP version week#1, in the UK. That is actually pretty good.

With the excellent word of mouth, the DS version should have excellent legs.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099