By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GTA Chinatown Wars a confimred flop.

Yes, you're totally right. [sarcasm]

When will people ever learn? [shakes head]

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

It's apparently not clear this isn't serious. I'm mocking those threads calling every DS and Wii game a flop, no matter the sales.

One fanboy jerk even called Mario Kart Wii a flop, depsite breaking a million sales in the first week.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
It's apparently not clear this isn't serious. I'm mocking those threads calling every DS and Wii game a flop, no matter the sales.

One fanboy jerk even called Mario Kart Wii a flop, depsite breaking a million sales in the first week.

Who said that? Or is pointing it out against the rules?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

TWRoO said:
psrock said:
shams said:
Joke post, right?

The DS version debuted at around half the sales of the PSP version week#1, in the UK. That is actually pretty good.

With the excellent word of mouth, the DS version should have excellent legs.

How is that good? There are 40 million DS IN others, and For the amount of ads I see about this game, its a disapointing opening, but the game will be saved with its legs. That's it.

You've seen ads?

Oddly enough I saw my first MadWorld advert just 30 minutes ago... but I haven't seen a GTA:CW advert.

I saw ads for both on Adult Swim somewhat often.

lawl @ OP, nice one ^^b

Around the Network

not enough advertising - most people I spoke to didn't know it was in existence...maybe the reliance is on DS legs rather than the hype/advertising/zeitgeist that was GTAIV? I know it won't do the same numbers but in terms of marketing it was pretty poor, especially as it will metacritic close(ish) to GTAIV

Kuro_Neko_13 said:

Also, could the game be construed as racist???

Just wondering, that could hurt sales, imo.

I'm Chinese, and I think ghetto people and JP people should be offended by this game, because this is like ghetto 101 replaced with Chinese people which is funny as hell. Rockstar seems to think Chinese is a lot like Japanese too apparently, with all that honor talk, it's pretty hiliarious. It's a good game though, I enjoy it.

dahuman said:
Kuro_Neko_13 said:

I'm Chinese, and I think ghetto people and JP people should be offended by this game, because this is like ghetto 101 replaced with Chinese people which is funny as hell. Rockstar seems to think Chinese is a lot like Japanese too apparently, with all that honor talk, it's pretty hiliarious. It's a good game though, I enjoy it.

maybe racist if you go looking for it. all the characters in the game are pricks, especially the white cop...that be the irony of GTA which Rockstar are well aware of (that the supposedly "cool" gangsters are tools...)

EDIT: they're all pricks regardless of race and the white cop acts like a stereotype white cop...

Demotruk said:
Actually, based on the first week of this compared to brain training, a typical DS game, I've calculated that this game will sell 2.4 bazillion copies ltd.

Lol. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

EssosDeeos said:
dahuman said:
Kuro_Neko_13 said:

maybe racist if you go looking for it. all the characters in the game are pricks, especially the white cop...that be the irony of GTA which Rockstar are well aware of (that the supposedly "cool" gangsters are tools...)

EDIT: they're all pricks regardless of race and the white cop acts like a stereotype white cop...

I wouldn't call it racist, probably more like incorrect stereo typing, racisim is much simpler than that lol. People are way too careful with that kind of stuff these days.